Biana | 13

As Biana sat down beside Dex, Tam and Keefe were in an argument about the best dessert. "Clearly butterblasts are the best. The cream insides, and crackly filling." Tam shook his head. His sliver tipped bangs glinted in the light. "Butterblasts are one note, ripple puffs are the best. Obviously." Tidbits of conversation flooded into Biana's ears as she tried to listen, conversations about finals, tests, and the new Alchemy teacher that was trying to fail everyone. "No no no. Mallowmelt is the best. I bet a date with Sophie she agrees." Fitz laughed and ran his hand through his hair. 

"Too bad I don't need to bet to go on dates with Sophie." He smirked and Biana shrugged. Sophie walked over to the table and sat down between Keefe and Fitz, spilling some of her soup as she clanged her lunch tray down. "What were you talking about?" She tilted her long blond hair and it ended up in the soup. Classic Sophie, Biana thought. "Talking about how butterblasts are the best." Keefe said casually and Sophie sat up straight and gapped at him. "What? You mean mallowmelt, right?" Biana smiled and laughed. "Looks like we have a date set up, Sophie! How about Vesta Vista?" 

Sophie was about to question it when Keefe told her about how tasteless mallowmelt was, obviously trying to wound Sophie up. "Mallowmelt is the single best dessert. Ever." She banged the table, signifying the end of discussion. The prodigies continued eating silently until Keefe spoke up, "We absolutely destroyed you, Fitz and Dex." They both stared at Keefe glaring. "How were we meant to tag you out! You practically encased Sophie!" Dex said throwing his hands out causing Marella to giggle. "Ya, it was like a death hug you put on her, Keefe." Biana added.

Sophie was blushing and trying to hide behind her hair to make them stop, but Fitz told them about Sophie and his training sessions every morning at Everglen. And how Sophie tackled Grizel. "You took down Grizel? Piete Miss Foster, who is the shortest out of all of us?!" Sophie blushed even harder, which Biana didn't think was possible. "And she didn't even break a sweat." Fitz added, and roped her in to an extremely long kiss, which was kind of gross. 

"Break it up!" Dex yelled, and Sophie jumped back into Keefe. "She is technically my cousin. I don't need to see no smoochin'." He said, making Marella snort up her lushberry juice, and Keefe let out a fit of low laughs. "Can I just say, how cute your little celebration was. Like lifting her up, and that hug! At least twenty girls hearts were crushed." Marella told Sophie and Keefe. "Another reason we're so great together." Sophie shook her head.

"Are you trying to make me blush? Did you guys initiate a 'Make Foster Blush' game without me? Let's talk about something normal! Like finals?" The table all gasped, not truly realising how close finals were. "I completely forgot! How about we all study together?" Lihn asked, sweeping her hair out of her eyes. "We can do it at Haven field, the Calla helps." They all took a brief moment of silence for the poor gnome who sacrificed herself for the Lost Cities. 

"Sounds good to me," Biana said.

"Me too." Tam added.

"I'm down!" Keefe smiled.

"As long as I get to dye Iggy." Dex asked, and Sophie promised her could.

"I'll of course be there." Fitz said, wrapping an arm lazily around Sophies waist. The bell rang for the final sessions of the day, and the gang split up to go their separate ways. Though this time, Keefe followed Biana. "Why are you following me, Keefe?" She asked, fixing her hair. "I need advice. I like this girl, but she's in a relationship. A-and we kissed? We want to be together but she's stuc-" 

"YOU HAD YOUR FIRST KISS?" The whole hallway stopped and starred at them. "You're first kiss was with a girl who was dating? Why am I not surprised?" Keefe laughed. His hair was very glossy today, and his eyes sparkled, like he was seeing everything in a new light. He must really love this girl. "I didn't mean to! It just happened. But what do I do?" He looked adorable in his pout. It reminded her of Tam's pout. 

"Well. First she needs to break up with the guy. That would be a start," She said, and licked her locker. Ewww, it tastes like selkie skin!! She thought. Elwin must have picked the taste"Send a letter, or be honest. But you should wait until a few weeks to get together." Keefe frowned and ran a hand through his hair. "Weeks?" "Weeks." She confirmed. 

"Well, thanks Biana." He walked of, in no specific direction. She laughed. Hopefully the mystery girl would make it work. Keefe needed someone special. 

✄---

sorry it's short :(

i hope you are enjoying the story. i have seen your character submissions and they will be added within the next few chapters! i'm trying to imporve the pacing but not make it boring, i hope it's not boring and i am only including a few plot points in each chapter, with breaks, dialouge, or sensory description between.

qotd: who's your fav kotlc character? adults are included!!