𝐕

𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃, 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄𝐓𝐘. Scoffing, she expected the whole day to be boring.

But that didn't mean she was relaxed.

It was a rainy day, making her think about Ranboo. She knew how much he hated the rain.

Sereia remained in her spot on the pond, gathering all the strength she had to not visit Ranboo and check how he was holding up alone.

She couldn't fathom how he must've felt scared, but she had hope in him. To trust whatever Tubbo told him to do.

The ram was like their mom friend, so if he instructed Ranboo to not go anywhere, he wouldn't-I spoke too soon.

Were Sereia's eyes deceiving her? Is that legitimately Ranboo sprinting under the rain?

"RANBOO?!" She yelled, fretfully waving her hands in the air for him to perceive her through the mist.

Relief flowed through the enderman's body when he heard her voice. The weather wasn't being nice to him today, but fortunately enough, he brought a towel to cover himself from the rainfall.

Wind blew like crazy, some of the drops managed to hit Ranboo's skin, making him unmanageably scarred. Sereia couldn't do anything but to worry.

Ranboo's muscles ached from the water, his eyes burning, but only one important thing in his mind; to get to Sereia.

"UNDER THE TREE!" She commanded when he instantaneously teleported.

Ranboo plopped himself to sit on the grass block, concealed by the oak tree beside the pond. "Oh, god..."

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" She bellowed as he wrapped the towel around his quaking body.

"Call me crazy, but I don't care about what I did. All that matters to me now is that I'm with you." He said, trying to steady his heavy breathing.

Sereia was taken aback.

"You're...crazy." That's for sure. But instead of shouting at him, she contemplated about the trouble he went through just to get to her.

"Crazy for you." He mumbled under his breath.

"Ugh, what would Tubbo say about this?" She rubbed the sides of her forehead, softening her voice.

"I don't know. When I woke up, Tubbo wasn't there."

Sereia arched a brow. "What do you mean?"

"I mean when I woke up in his old base, he wasn't there."

"No, that's..." she knew Tubbo was gonna leave him, but didn't he at least tell him where he was going? "Didn't he tell you anything before he left?"

"...I don't know."

Maybe his enderman side took over him when Tubbo said something. He was here now, so she thought it was best to take care of each other.

She gazed at him, and he looked like a sad puppy. She took the opportunity to lay half of her body on the grass as her tail abided in the pond. The bad weather wasn't gonna end sooner anyway.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't worry. I can still breathe on land if there's water in my face." She studied his bewildered expression. "Do you mind?"

He shook his head, face reddening. Only now he saw her upper body in a clearer view. "I don't mind."

All this time, she was wearing a bustier type of mermaid material corset that matched the gradient pink to blue scales on her skin. Up close, her melanin was crystal clear unlike in the blurry water.

Unconsciously, he picked up a rose. His spine shivered from recognizing a weird sense of déjà vu.

"Uh," he cleared his throat, glancing at the flower and the girl. It was like their first encounter, he remembered.

Sereia turned to him, both eyebrows raised in amusement. "You sure do love roses, huh?"

"I guess you could say that." He smiled. "Come to think of it, it's my favorite."

"How so?"

"Metaphorically, it's...a realistic flower." She saw his eyes twinkled as he twirled the stem. "The thorns. It's the only thing I hate about roses, but then again, not everything beautiful was easy to get."

After a short pause, he handed her the rose and added to his saying. "It reminds me of you."

Ranboo didn't say anything more, because some things were better off unspoken.

Sereia was a bit confused, but she felt her cheeks heat up despite the chilly downpour. She stared at him, his face as scarlet as a tomato.

When her hand reached out for the rose, Ranboo's eyes darted at her lips.

Sereia tried to control her breathing as casual as possible, knowing what was about to happen.

Carefully, she took the rose while his head leaned down towards her. Ranboo was shaded by the big oak tree, so not a single raindrop drizzled on his skin.

Their noses were now only an inch apart, feeling each other's hot breath until Sereia brought up the courage to pull herself away.

"We shouldn't." She muttered.

His eyes were shut, but when he realized nothing was gonna happen, he looked at her, sad and desperate. As much as she wanted to, they couldn't.

When she was about to explain, a familiar ram suddenly appeared from the distance.