𝐗𝐗𝐈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐀 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐓𝐎 𝐆𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑. She couldn't bare to just shrug the thought of her friends forever anyway.

The mermaid traveled a long way to the island, perceiving a house, a castle, another house, and some kind of vault. It seemed like a nice community.

So much had happened when she wasn't on land in a while. Tubbo and Ranboo are married now. Wow.

Her plan was to only find the enderman or the ram to congratulate them, but the universe brought her first to someone else.

She saw a distinct figure from afar, blond hair shining in the vivid sun beams.

"Psst!" She called out by the bridge, hoping Tommy would notice her.

When he did, his eyes widened and wasted no time in sprinting towards her. He was bringing a shirt in his hand that was similar to his iconic one, though smaller.

"Sereia, for fuck's sake!" He knelt in front of her, leveling with her eyes. "I thought I'd never see you again! Why did you just disappear?! How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to feel like a burden to m—"

Sereia cut him off with an embrace, covering her face in his chest. "Just hold me, please."

Tommy was caught off guard at her action, soon resting his chin on her shoulder and hugged her tighter.

"Sereia," he mumbled. "Dream told us."

The girl felt her face drop. Slowly, she pulled away from the hug to meet his blue eyes. "I'm genuinely so sorry..."

"No, shh, no. It's not your fault."

"W-what?" She stared at him. "How? I lied...I knew Wilbur was the traitor but I didn't tell you, and now he's dead...because of...me."

"Shut up. Never say that again." He said earnestly. "No one blamed you for his death, Sere. Nothing's your fault."

"But...aren't you mad at me? I talked to Dream. Our main opponent. Your-your rival...he's the bad guy, right?"

"Exactly. He's the bad guy. Not you." He pursed his lips. "He manipulated you, Sereia."

She sighed sadly. How could she be so blind to be controlled like what Dream did to her? Was he too powerful, or was she just weak?

"But don't worry, please. It's not like I'm gonna see you any different. You're still the same cheeky mermaid now and forever." He tried to cheer her up.

Sereia beamed wholeheartedly, glancing down at the shirt in his hands. "What's that for?"

"Oh, this? It's for Michael." Tommy showed it off proudly, then carefully placed it on the grass. "...Did you know Tubbo and Ranboo are—"

"—Married, yes, I know." She forced a half smile.

There was a long silence before Tommy spoke again. "You liked him, didn't you?"

The mermaid grinned. "I guess you could say that."

"Oh please." He sassed. "You guys used to flirt all the time. Oh and remember when you guys play footsies under the table? Think I didn't notice that?"

She chuckled at the memory. Ranboo's feet would reach ot to her's while they eat, and whenever Tommy would join in, they'd kick his feet out playfully.

"Don't even get me started about you two snuggling each other to slee—"

Sereia abruptly pulled the boy into the water to silence him after rolling her eyes. "That's enough."

"OH, SHIT!" He crawled out of the lake quickly.

"Had a nice bath?" She smirked.

"Fuck you." He huffed. After a short pause, they laughed it off.

Just then, the ram and the half enderman was in sight, and Tubbo was bringing a baby zombie piglin. It wasn't the most expected timing, but the mermaid was happy to see them again.

She noticed they were holding hands along the way.

"SEREIA!" Ranboo exclaimed. He seemed to be bringing a familiar brown saddle. Tubbo let go of the little piglin as it ran towards her.

"You must be Michael!" Her heart warmed when it gave her a small hug with it's mini hands.

"C'mere, little M! I got a gift for you!" Tommy took Michael away from her and made it wear his tiny sized t-shirt.

"Welcome back, by the way! Are you feeling all right?" Tubbo asked her.

"I'm...good." A hesitant grin appeared on her face. "So, you guys are married?"

"I'm glad you've heard! Wanna say anything, Boo?"

Ranboo stared at her for a while with a smile and then faced Tubbo. "Bo, can Sereia and I talk for a moment?"