𝐗𝐈𝐕

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐘, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆. It set a dramatic mood for the upcoming war.

Wars on the server was a common occurrence, but this one felt more urgent. Even Sereia was gonna join. She was now a human with human responsibilities, so chilling at home wouldn't be useful.

Who could the traitor in the war be?

Could it be me? Sereia thought to herself. It was idiotic, but it wasn't entirely impossible. Nothing was impossible in this server; she learned from Dream.

Then she thought about Wilbur and Technoblade.

It could be them...she pondered, though she can't be 100% sure. A million thoughts possessed her mind whilst Tubbo braided her hair.

"Tubbo, where did you learn to braid?" She asked, trying to distract herself from worrying too much about the war.

"Good question!" He smiled at her in the mirror. "I have two sisters. One isn't in the server, but my youngest one is. Her name's Lani."

"Well, I'd like to meet Lani someday." She grinned.

"Oh, I bet she'd be happy to meet you. Don't be surprised if she gets too excited about your hair, though." He mentioned about her pink to blue hair.

"I might even let her braid it." They chuckled.

Just when she made eye contact with Ranboo in the mirror, he looked away. Fiercely.

Sereia frowned. Ever since yesterday, he didn't acknowledge her. She tried starting a conversation, but he acted pretty cold about it so she stopped.

"And...done." Tubbo tied her hair with a blue hair elastic that matched her outfit.

"Thank you!" The girl gave him a side hug.

She wore a simple white ruffled jabot top with poet sleeves and cerulean blue pants the same tint as the ends of her hair. Her belt was brown like the high boots and saddle she brought that contained something.

Something special.

"GUYS!" Tommy received a shriek out of Sereia and Tubbo by his abrupt voice. "Phil is nowhere to be seen."

"Phil is WHAT?!"

"I reckon he logged off, but come on! The war's starting soon!" He urged everyone to follow him.

Everyone except for the half enderman, of course. Sereia was going to leave, but this time she spared her time by talking to him.

"Ranboo, please talk to me."

"War's about to start. You should go." He said blankly.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." Her voice was gentle, trying to hold back any frustration.

"There's nothing wrong. I'm okay." His tone was the same. Plainly annoyed.

"Ranboo, please. You're clearly not okay. You can't even look at me!"

Sharply, she stared at her for a minute but then looked away. "There. I looked at you. Happy? Now go."

Sereia's mouth dropped in disbelief, her eyebrows beginning to furrow. "I swear to Merlin, I'm not leaving until you tell me why you're mad at me."

For a slight moment, she noticed he leaned in towards her, but then hesitated and turn around.

He closed the door on her, however, she still wasn't leaving. Even as a human, Sereia was still stubborn.

"Ranb—"

"—fine, you want me to tell you?" He hissed. "Yesterday, you didn't high-five back. Then, when the crows called you, you didn't even pay attention to me. But those aren't the reasons to my main problem."

"Then what's your main reason?" Her voice was muffled through the piece of wood that separated them.

"Purpled." He snapped. "You were so interested in him, it made me doubt myself."

Sereia raised a brow. "Ranboo, I'm sorry if you thought it was like that, but it wasn't. Why didn't you just ask about it instead of ignoring me?"

"I was scared, damn it!" He huffed.

"Why? Why were you scared?"

"Because I lo—" he stopped himself, feeling a lump in his throat. "Sereia, please, just go."

"No—"

"—JUST GO." He retorted.

With a scoff, she clicked on her boots and walked away. A tear rolled down her cheek, but it was no use. He made it clear that he didn't want to talk to her anymore.

As much as she wanted to resolve their conflict, she couldn't because of the war.

Sereia thought, if she could become a human, her relationship with Ranboo would develop.

If she was a mermaid, she couldn't be touchy with him, but now, this wasn't the kind of development she was looking forward to.