eighteen.

" 𝐁e quiet nigga damn" Illyan scolded at Shiesty whom moved a plate way too loud for his likings

He was actually trying to prepare breakfast before Soleil woke up and got ready for work. He knew that despite him apologizing, she would still be giving him the cold shoulder—which he understood he deserved.

" Damn nigga my bad. Ya' ass is stressed" he snickered putting emphasis on stressed. " Fuck did you do?" he then asked becoming more serious.

" I fucked up an' I know even though she said it was fine. It was fuckin' not and she bouta give me the cold shoulder again" he sighed stopping what he was doing.

" Mhm well maybe if you stopped fuckin' up she wouldn't be givin' ya' stupid ass tha' cold shoulder" he shrugged going back to his original chore.

Illyan cooked while Shiesty set the table and cleaned up at bit, so she wouldn't have to do it like she usually does.

" Shit, she's comin' act normal aight?" Illyan regained his composure once he heard the stairs cracking.

" Hi Soleil" Shiesty waved with a hand on his hip, trying to look natural like Illyan told him to.

" Hi Lontrell" she watched him with an amused look on her face. " You okay?" she then asked noticing that he wasn't acting like yesterday.

" I'm straight, you know what ? I think that I have ta' go walk my goldfish I'a be right back" he quickly went up the stairs.

" Illyan" she coldly greeted him once she entered the kitchen. Yes she 'forgave' him, but that didn't mean that he wasn't gon get the cold shoulder for breaking her trust.

" Princess" he matched her energy. Illyan knew from past experiences—well mostly from her. That being clingy with her when she was in that state of mind wasn't the right thing to do. So he observed her from a distance and waited until she came back.

Soleil blushed from the nickname and looked at him flipping a pancake. " I cooked ya' breakfast it's on tha' table" he spoke before she could open her mouth.

" Thank you" she thanked him leaving the kitchen to go to the dinning room. She found her plate and took a seat before saying her grace and digging in.

Once she was done with her plate, she noticed that Illyan still haven't came out the kitchen, making her raise her eyebrow. She grabbed her plate and made her way to the kitchen, where she found him eating on the island counter.

She dropped her plate in the sink and sighed. She missed being held by him, or just him simply talking to her.

" I know you want a hug, come hea' princess" he called out. Illyan was starting to know Soleil like the back of his hand, and knew all her weaknesses. She was the clingy type, just like him, and not being able to be close to him was very hard on her, just like it was on him.