4

"I was so tired of being patient
I'm still gonna be able to handle it
The band on the wound eventually falls
I've been on it in a hurry, but it's not long before I get back on it"

"I was so tired of being patientI'm still gonna be able to handle itThe band on the wound eventually fallsI've been on it in a hurry, but it's not long before I get back on it"

Chan knocked on the dorm door, seeing Changbin at the desk with his hands pressing the temples. The shorter turned his head and his eyes softened, as if he was going to shout at him but gave up.

"Sorry, I though you were Minho again. What do you want?"

It sounded harsh, but Changbin couldn't find it in his will to care and Chan was used to it by then.

He carefully shot the younger a smile, trying to see what he was doing but, as expected, Changbin closed his notebook.

"What are you doing?"

"Writing, do you need anything? I'm tired."

Chan nodded, sitting down on the bed next to the table. Changbin straightned up, realizing that wasn't just one of the leader's random check ups.

"The company needs you to repeat the test."

"What?", his voice trembled and Chan simply nodded.

"They think they need to evaluate it better now that we are close to a comeback , to make sure you're in for-"

"I am in form to do whatever.", Changbin gripped the chair, tears coming to his eyes. "I am- I-I am okay why do t-they keep-", a sob escapes his throat and Chan's eyes widened.

Shit.

Changbin motioned him to leave, not wanting him to see him cry.

"Bin-"

"G-go, please."

Chan knew he shouldn't, but he still ran to the door, closing it behind him and sliding down on the empty hall. His hands pressing the floor as his mind replayed the broken voice that had begged him to leave.

Changbin was not okay. At all, and it pained him every single day that he had to pretend he was.

Inside, he could hear the quiet sobs that the boy tried to hide.

"Chan?"

Great.

It took the guys around 10 seconds to gather around the tired leader, Minho pulling him away from the door and hugging him from the side as the others sat with him.

No one said anything. Felix knocked on the door but no one answered.

Jeongin crawled to the older and hugged him properly, Chan allowing himself to melt into the younger's embrace.

"He'll be okay, Chan Hyung. One day."

—————

Felix only managed to get the shorter to open the door when they all left for dinner. Making sure no one realized, he slipped into the hall as they all gathered to chose the restaurant, and knocked exactly 6 times, 3 seconds and Changbin opened the door, pulling him inside.

Felix let him slam the taller's body against the door and embraced him, knowing how desperate he was after having to deal with an anxiety attack alone.

"You okay?", a nod. "Changbin. Look at me. Hey..."

The usual words that made Changbin's heart calm down, his red eyes soften as he started at the mal that made him feel cared for.

"Hi."

Felix chuckled.

"Hey.", he whispered back. "Want to go out to eat?"

"Hell no, I need to write."

Felix nodded.

"Managed anything yet?"

Changbin shook his head, never letting go of Felix's torso, his arms strongly hooked around him.

The taller ran his hand through the dark hair Changbin had ruined against the pillow and leaned in to kiss his forehead.

"Not really."

Felix nodded again.

"I'll bring you something."

"Okay, you should go, they'll be calling you in an instant."

The taller hugged him closer and Changbin let his sweet scent take over him.

"I love you."

Maybe his heart wasn't that calm around Lee Felix.

"I know. I love you too."

—————

*sobs*

SORIKKUN

SORIKKUN