6

"Like a streetlight
Like a streetlight
In the middle of a lonely night
I just look bright"

Changbin was the first one to wake up, and he had never felt that comfortable in his whole life

Changbin was the first one to wake up, and he had never felt that comfortable in his whole life. Heat rushed through his body as he tried to cuddle up even closer to Felix, which was literally impossible at that point. Even though he was asleep, the taller's arms kept a strong grip around Changbin's waist and his lips still hovered over his forehead, breathing lightly onto his face.

The fact that part of his breath hit Changbin's lips was making him go crazy, but at the same time, he didn't want to let go.

Out of impulse, Changbin leaned closer to him, letting his lips hover over Felix's asleep face.

Shit. He wanted to kiss him right there.

Changbin groaned as he felt his brain turn to the usual bad thought that came after this realization, but Felix stirring caught his attention first.

His eyes fluttered open and the light that came from the window hit them, making the blond squint and whine.

Changbin let his chin fall, still closer to him that he should, only then noticing how each and every single one of Felix's freckles shone because of the sunlight, like golden specks of past lifetimes or something poetic like Changbin would see in books all the time.

"Bin, morning."

The shorter giggled and let his head fall on Felix's chest again, muttering a good morning as well.

"Do we have schedule today?", Felix shook his head. "Thank god, when are the others coming back?"

Felix looked down at the boy over him, brushing a few bangs away from his face.

Changbin wasn't as pale that morning, nor did he look so sad, or empty.

That was good.

"Probably in a few. I told them I was coming because my head hurt and I couldn't take hearing Seungmin's dogs all night."

"And they believed it?"

"Everyone was tired they just wanted beds."

Changbin's head perked up all of a sudden, almost startling Felix. He got on his elbows, face dangerously close to Felix's again, who got stuck under him.

"Did you come home walking at night? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is?"

Felix rolled his eyes, pocking Changbin's nose and bringing his hands to his waist, making the shorter part his legs so he could fully sit on Felix's lap, leaning as down as he could to face the taller.

"I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself."

Changbin gulped, his eyes trailing off down their position, something in Felix's tone making him wake up to reality. He tried to sit straight but Felix pulled him back down.

"Felix...", it was barely a whisper, but it had so much emotion together none of them could avoid the gasps.

"Not a good idea. You can't sit up there."

The shorter blushed, moving a bit forward to get out of the danger area, and Felix chuckled, never letting go of the hug.

"Lix..." he pouted, trying to hide his embarrassment. "I wan pancakes."

The blonde smiled, amused by the thought of Changbin wanting to eat, and patted his butt in a bold move, motioning to get up.

Changbin glared at him but did so, slipping a hoodie on, not Felix's this time, and following the taller outside to the kitchen. He happily jumped around Felix the whole time, talking about how he had ideas for a few songs, but promised himself he would try and finish writing that one first even if it took him ages. Felix listened with a smile on his face, not remembering when was the last time Changbin seemed that alive.

He loved it.

He loved him.

"Calm down you big child. Have your pancakes, and you have to eat all of them."

Changbin nodded, leaning to kiss Felix's cheek and ran off to the island, sitting and filling the pancakes with a ridiculous amount of strawberries and chocolate. The taller sat next to him right as the door opened, the rest of the members coming in.

Chan sportted them first, looking at Changbin's back and sending a questioning look to Felix, who answered with a thumbs up.

Chan furrowed his eyebrows and moved closer as Minsung shouted that they had came home in some weird movie imitation and Hyunjin talked about dogs for no reason.

"Hyung, those look good!", Jeongin was just after Chan, and his voice caught everyone else's attention, all the boys uniting next to the island.

Changbin looked up to the others, his face covered in chocolate.

"Oh shit, sorry.", he sent Chan a small smile, trying to ignore the way their eyes all widened. "You can have a bit, here.", Jeongin didn't seem phased by the atitude, he gladly took what Changbin gave him, and chuckled as the older rolled his eyes playfully and cleaned his face.

"How about I cook some for you too, Innie?", Felix didn't wait for an answer, moving to the kitchen gain, Chan after him, and started getting the ingredients ready again.

"How did you make him eat?"

"He woke up in a good mood, let's just be happy he is eating today, and get him well fed."

Chan bit his lip, nodding as he looked back at the group. Jisung had sat down with them as well and had started talking about something while Changbin pretended to care, but his eyes had a bit more light than the usual, and he actually tried to show interest.

"I have no idea what you did, but keep doing it. I miss him so much."

Felix patted Chan's arm.

"Jeongin is right, you know? He'll be okay. Some day."

Changbin saw the little interaction, knowing damn well what Chan was trying to get Felix to tell him. He also knew he was letting the members see a side of him he barely even let Felix see in the beginning , but he didn't really care, no matter how many voices screamed at him to close himself again before he got hurt.

He was letting someone in, someone that wasn't Felix.

And he didn't hate it.

Why is there a tear in my eye-