Chapter 9: Lungmen slum's specialty

Lee woke up in a jolt as he felt his phone's vibration underneath the bedsheet. He blinked a few times to adjust his vision to the darkness of the room, and noticed a faint light coming from the blinds. He glanced at the digital clock and saw that it was already eight in the morning.

'Crap, I've overslept again.' He thought to himself as he began removing his shirt, like what he always do every morning but suddenly stopped. That's when he remembered that he had a roommate.

He looked across the room and saw that Blue Poison was sleeping peacefully. Her face had a soft smile plastered on her lips. He gently covered her with a blanket and she shifted a little, hugging a pillow beside her. Quietly exiting the room, he went to the living room and exercised his body. A quick push-ups and sit-ups to start the day.

Afterwards, he went to the kitchen and thought about what to cook. He opened the fridge and glanced at the available ingredients. Ultimately, he decided to make pancakes. After adding milk and battering the eggs, he finally finished cooking their breakfast.

"This should do it." He clapped his hands as he prepared the food on the table. He added syrup and chocolates to make it sweeter.

Lee went to the bathroom and showered. Fortunately, he prepared his spare clothes on the bathroom before he slept. He put on a beige turtle neck and pants along with his combat boots. He went to the dining table and ate his breakfast. He sat on the couch and waited for his roommate to wake up when suddenly, he heard someone knocking on the door.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||∆||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Blue Poison suddenly woke up when the smell of something sweet and delicious hit her nostrils. She groggily stood up from her bed and went to the kitchen.

"Hnnn~, Lee... Did you cook pancakes?" She stretched her back and robbed her eyes. There was a momentary silence when she opened her eyes. Her vision shifted to the two girls on the living room.

"Woah, you two really are close. There’s no mistaking that one." She heard Andreanna's voice saw her grinning. She stiffened and widened her eyes.

"Finally awake huh?" Lee said and wryly smiled at her. Andreanna and Magallan was sitting in the living room.  "Oh yes, I cooked breakfast. You can eat right now if you want." He added and pointed at the pancakes.

"Uhh... Uhmm.." Blue Poison stammered and panicked, her face began heating up.

"Oh don't worry about that, Lee already explained the situation to us." Magallan said and gave her a reassuring smile. Blue Poison put a hand on her chest and sighed in relief. She sat down and started eating the pancakes. She stuffed a mouthful and chewed.

"Still though, roommates huh?" Andreanna grinned and glanced at Lee, who was reading the escorting schedule.

"Well, the building admin said it can't be helped so..." Lee trailed off and put the paper on the table, brushing off the topic. When he opened the door and saw Andreanna with Magallan in tow behind her, he avoided panicking and carefully explained their situation to them. After explaining everything, Andreanna just kept a smug look on her face the entire time. Fortunately though, Magallan didn’t tease him.

"So Magallan, when do we head out? The slums isn't the safest place in here though." He added and strapped a kevlar. Magallan turned his offer down when he presented her another kevlar.

"We'll head out right now, I don't wanna stay there for a long time because It's hot." Magallan said and grabbed her suitcase. Lee went to the kitchen and handed Blue Poison her schedule.

"Here, memorize this after you're done eating. I’m going to head out for now. And eat well okay?”

"Yes, thank you for cooking. And, uhmm, take care." Blue Poison said and waved at him. Lee smiled at her and waved back as he and Magallan exited the room. As for Andreanna, well, she just stood there with a wide smile on her face.