Chapter 25: Bent Fate

"Sankta's? What's going on here?" Surtr finally spoke, breaking the silence. She tugged at Lee's sleeve, as if he knew the answer.

Lee glanced at the angels in front of them, their vigilant stares already said it all. It was the first time they saw another inhabitant of this strange world. He could only think of one thing. These are the members of the Apostolic Gun-Knights that disappeared from before. So they ended up in here after being zucced.

"Hey! You guys are Sankta right? I'm not going crazy yet am I?" Lee shouted at the group and waved his arms in the air, before pointing at Surtr. "She's from Terra too! We're affiliated with Rhodes Island, perhaps you've heard of them." He said and waited for a response, but received none.

He had no choice but to get closer. But before he could take a step forward-

*zap*

As if an invisible force hit him, his body paralyzed from the feet up. He collapses to the ground as the virus inside him worsens, releasing pain all over his body. His visual system began glitching as the wave of pain washed his entire body.

It was excruciating.

Seeing this, Surtr reacted quickly by softening the impact of his body as she catched him. She held Lee's head on her lap and lets him use it as a makeshift pillow. Thicc thighs save lives.

"Hey! My friend needs help! Are any of you medics?" Surtr shouted and faced the group of soldiers, only to receive awkward stares. This irritated Surtr. "Are you guys deaf or something?!"

Some flinched at her tone, while others called out from behind. A few moments later, the crowd of gun wielding angels parted as a small girl made her way towards them.

"Naomi! Don't act recklessly!" A teenager, who was taller and buffer than the rest, stepped up and tried stopping the girl. His halo and wings gave off an eerie green glow at the dimly lit hallway.

The girl, who wore a medical patch on her uniform, shook her head. "You worry too much Ezekiel! Besides...they're both Sarkaz and from Terra. It's my duty to help the injured as a medic!" The girl named Naomi said and rushed towards the wounded Lee, leaving the others speechless.

She sat beside Surtr and examined her wounded companion. "Ah. C-Calm down Naomi..." She mutters under her breath after seeing what she's dealing with. In all her times being a member of the Apostolic Gun-Knights, this was supposed to be her first combat tour. When she heard about an incident on their neighboring country of Iberia, she quickly volunteered to go there. Who would expect that her first sortie was this bad.

Surtr could only watch as the girl swiftly examined Lee's wound, her small hands trembling ever so slightly. She removed the blue stained cloth and applied a new one. Although Surtr doesn't know if the action helps, since Lee is a construct.

She could also see that the girl was trying her best not to throw up, as she gulped almost every 6 seconds.

When Naomi was finished, she let out a sigh of relief. She was curious that two Sarkaz ended up in here too, so she peered over his face to check. However, she gasped loudly, not expecting to see him here too.

"L-Lee? Is it really you..?" Naomi mumbled.

Lee, who was grimacing in pain, slowly opened his eyes, only to be blinded by a bright yellow halo. For a second, he thought that the gods had already descended from the heavens, ready to take him there. He doesn't mind if this is how death looks like.

But after a few seconds of adjusting his vision, he realizes that it was a Sankta.

"Ah...the girl with the bright halo. Naomi, right?" Lee muttered as he caught a glimpse of Naomi's face. He was relieved to see that she was alright, but it begs the question.