Chapter 14: Returning home

The rest of the escort team safely
arrived back to the LGD headquarters. The officers took care of the mess back at the docks. Ch'en asked Silence along with Blue Poison to give a statement.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Lee, who was sitting in the back of an ambulance, reassured the worried Blue Poison.

"I see. But don't move around too much okay? I'll have Matoimaru or Andreanna to help me pack our luggage back in our room once I'm finished giving out the statement." Blue Poison said, before suddenly turning around.

"S-Should I... include about your.." She stuttered, not knowing how to say it with words.

"Do what you think is best." Lee replied and waved. Blue Poison nodded, and he stared at her slowly disappearing figure before sighing heavily.

"Must be rough." A voice spoke, her tall figure appearing beside him.

"Hoshiguma... I've already gave Superintendent Ch'en my statement." Lee said and the Oni laughed.

"I'm not here for that. I just came to see how you're doing." She sighed and put her heavy shield against the wall and sat beside him. They both stared at the sky, as dawn was already upon them. After a few minutes of silence, Hoshiguma muttered something.

"That's the first time I saw a mutated person..."

Lee glanced at her and saw her eyes had a look of confusion.

"Just what the hell was that?" She asked, finally turning her head in Lee's direction.

"I... don't know. That's why I need to go investigate Ferdinand's background." He remembers the readings of punishing virus present on those tentacles. Then he suddenly remembered the construct from Cerberus squad.

"Crap, I need to see Ch'en." He suddenly stands up, earning a worried look from Hoshiguma.

"Whoa, slow down big guy. You're wounds aren't fully healed yet."

"But the-"

"Don't worry Lee. We took the... person back at the airship. Madam Ch'en already agreed." Meteorite suddenly emerged beside them, seemingly reading Lee's mind. She was holding something in her hand.

"Here, we found this covered in dust inside the warehouse." Meteorite hands him a metal box. "I think it's some sort of foreign medicine. I asked Perfumer about it, but she said she doesn't have knowledge about it."

"Thanks." Lee replied and opened the box. Inside was 12 clear capsules with violet liquid. He took one and examined it.

"Serums..." He muttered. Serums were used by Commandants to stabilize the connection with the construct's M.I.N.D, to avoid losing control and guide the constructs in battle.

'So there's a portal? Where could it be?' He sighs and puts the capsule back inside the box. He glanced around him and saw that Meteorite was talking to Perfumer. Hoshiguma was giving out tasks to the other LGD officers present in the lobby.

"I need a-"

"Lee!" Before he could finish speaking, he felt a body ram behind him.

"Urghh... Magallan... Too tight!" Lee gasped for air as the Liberi hugged him tightly. For some reasons, his heart was racing. Was this a normal reaction for a man?

After a few seconds, Magallan finally let go, her eyes were teary. "I've heard about what happened from Andreanna. I was so worried!"

"Well, if I didn't do that, I would've regretted it for the rest of my life." He lets out a sad smile and recalled the look of horror in Blue Poison's eyes. Had he not reacted fast enough, she would have been killed. And if she did get killed, who knows what will happen to his heart.