Chapter 17: Encounter with Angels

Torrenside, Iberia/ Clear/ 10:37 pm

It has been five hours since Lee's departure from Rhodes Island. Kalt'sit called him again after two hours, sending new classified updates and reports from officials. Lee sighed and put away the mass of files present in his HuD. He shut his eyes for a moment, memorizing every little details that he read. He computed and made several contingency plans in case something went wrong. The car was currently parked on a station in the outskirts of a city. Few people were passing by, given that it was far from other settlements. He received a couple of text messages from Blue Poison and Magallan, while Andreanna made an error by sending him a picture, which he managed to save before being deleted.

When he entered the Iberian border, he lied his way through and told them he was from BsW. He presented fake ID's and papers to the border guards and they let him pass. He had a good laugh afterwards because they were too easy to ensnare.

He was only an hour or two away from Surtr's location. Unfortunately, he has to deal with the armed group that has been following him for quite sometime.

"You can come out now." Lee suddenly said. The silence was deafening, and the air seemed tense. A couple of minutes passed without much of a noise. "Show yourselves, or I'll start shooting." He adds and pointed his guns at one of the wooden houses.

"Wait!" A man shouted. Lee heard voices behind and they slowly revealed themselves.

"You make bad spec-ops soldiers. I could see all your halo's a freaking mile away." He holstered his guns and saw six Sanktas standing, their halo's like a blinding sun in the dead night. They were all wearing military gear and sported long and medium guns. They were clearly an elite squad.

"Tsk. Those border guards are idiots. You don't look like from BsW." The man who had a commanding aura around him cautiously approached Lee.

"What's a Sarkaz like you doing here anyway?" He questioned spitefully.

"What's with that tone? How can you be so sure I'm a Sarkaz? I can be an Oni for fucks sake, heck, even a Vouivre." Lee argued. He was sitting on the hood of his car when he was talking. He jumped off the ground and used his stature to assert dominance. The Sankta suddenly felt threatened. The tension between them escalated, all of them being on edge. He suddenly reached for his gun, making Lee do the same.

"I won't do that if I were you." Lee warned.

"And why is that? You're clearly outnumbered."

Lee sighed inwardly. If this was reunion challenging him, he'd gladly reciprocate. But since he's facing Lateranians, he has no choice but to play it safe.

"That's the reason. Even though I'm outnumbered..." Lee replied, closing his eyes.

*flash*

"I could still easily kill you one by one." Lee said and was suddenly standing behind the fireteam. He dropped all of their guns, along with their sidearms, to the ground beside him.

"What the-" All of them muttered. They looked behind them and stared at Lee with bewildered looks. They only saw a flash and blurred movement. The tense atmosphere slowly dissipated as the group realized the massive gap of power.

"I don't like pointless bloodshed, so let's talk it over." Lee walked past them and sat on the vehicle's hood, ignoring the looks he's receiving. "My name is Lee, an operator from Rhodes Island. And you guys are?"

"...Holger. I'm the captain of this squad." The man hesitated for a bit, before introducing the rest of the members. Holger was of average height and sported orange halo and wings, which kinda sucked. The heavy weapons expert, who was well built and has a green halo was named Ezekiel. The medic was a girl named Naomi, who has an annoyingly bright yellow ring on her head. She slowly picked up her only weapon, which looked like a modified Beretta-92. Lee felt kinda bad for taking her only gun as self defense, given that she was a medic. The long range support and tech, who were twins both had blue halo and wings. Their names were Ezra and Levi. Ezra picked up his bolt action sniper and slung it on his shoulders. He handed Levi's smg and both looked at Lee with curiosity. All of them were clearly in their early twenties, except Naomi, who looks like a highschooler.