Chapter 8: homecoming week

During court, Cameron went to the stand and the prosecutor went to him and asked, "Cameron June did Ryan Evans hurt you before?

Cameron nodded yes

"Did he hurt you at school?"

He nodded yes

"Your honor, the victim has been bullied and assualted by this brute and he should be punished." The prosecutor says

"Very well, jury what's your decision?" The judge asked

"We have found Ryan Evans guilty of Assault and battery, child abuse, assault on a endangered species and vandalism at the museum."

Ryan was pissed off and Shouted, "WHAT IM FUCKING GOING TO PRISON BY THIS DAMN NO FUR THAT RUINED MY LIFE?!

"Watch your mouth! Take this scum bag away!" The judge shouted.

     A couple of police officers took away Ryan from the courtroom and Cameron was happy that's he's gone.

     Ryan was sentenced to 50 years in prison and got what he deserves.

The next day...

     Today is not any normal day at school, today is the homecoming week at Spring city high school and everyone is excited about it. During lunchtime, Tim and the team thinking about letting Cameron be on the team for the homecoming game but they weren't sure because of his age and his size.

"Oh come on, he should play with us for the homecoming week." One the team members said.

"Yeah but he's only six years old and real smaller than us, he could get hurt and besides Ms June will not agree with it even our coach or the principal." Tim said.

"But how about we prove that he can play today during practice." One of the team members said.

"Yeah but we might have to teach him all the rules and train him." Tim said

"We're fine with that since he did well when he practiced with us." One of the team members said.

     Later after school, Miya took Cameron went to the football field since Cameron was excited about the homecoming week and wanted to celebrate it with Tim and the team. Just then Tim came to them and was wasn't sure about asking her yet to let Cameron play on the team for homecoming.

     "Hey Ms. June we were just wondering about if Cameron can play with us for only the homecoming game."

    Cameron was shocked and surprised that he can play for the team that he nodded yes with excitement.

    But Miya wasn't sure and said, "I don't know because he's too small and too young to play and I don't want to get hurt so No."

"We can train him and give him and the gear for his size and it will be only just the homecoming game." Tim said.

     Miya was concerned and worried and said, "well... I'm going to see if principal Lizze is alright with it as well but please understand that I don't want him in a hospital."

Later...

In the locker room, Tim gave Cameron some football gear that is for his size and helps him put it on. Cameron looked at the mirror and puts his helmet on. he felt happy and emotional that he is actually going to play football for the first time.

Tim and the team started teaching Cameron some moves and footbal Strategies while Lizzie, Miya sat on the sidebench watching how Cameron plays but they were still not sure that it's safe for him to play yet.

        Cameron grabbed the ball and made a run for the end zone but a team member grabbed him. They helped him practice more and they didn't noticed how fast he actually was. Then Tim passes the ball to him and Cameron kept running and passes the ball to someone else. Next they done some tackling but Cameron is not even strong to take anyone down even a tackling stand. 

     He runs to a football player dummy and Tries to tackle it but can't.

After a few hours....

        Cameron was having fun but he was really tired after practicing. Lizzie and Miya talked about it and they decided to let him play for the team on the homecoming game but Lizzie has to tell the referees to warn everyone not to tackle but grab Cameron instead. After practice was over, Cameron took off and put away his football gear in his gym locker and fell asleep in the car while they drove home.

   At home Ashley was cleaning up the house and saw Miya coming in while carrying Cameron.

"Where have you been Miya? it's 6pm in the evening and Cameron smells like dirt and sweat." Said Ashley.

"Sorry Cameron wanted to play some football with the high school football team and he had fun  and don't worry, they were gentle with him." Miya said

"Oh okay well why don't you relax while I take Cameron to the bath." Ashley says as she took Cameron to the bathroom. Miya collapsed on the couch and started watching TV.

Later...

Andrea and Zara came back from shopping and they bought a lot of toys and clothes for Cameron and noticed Miya was napping on the couch.

"Wow she might've had it rough while teaching her classes." Zara said

"Yeah. I hope Cameron will be happy of us spoiling him since I can't stand it by his cuteness. Andrea said.

Then Ashley came out with Cameron wrapped in a towel and took him to his room. Zara and Andrea came in and saw Cameron getting dried off and getting dressed in his pjs and being tucked in bed already.

Ashley noticed them and saw six bags of toys and clothes for him and told them to be quiet to not wake him up. They left the stuff they bought for him and they all quietly leave the room.

Later Miya was getting a drink and Ashley came to her and asked, "Hey Miya is it alright if he can stay at home tomorrow because I want him to bond with the family?"

"Sure but he needs to do his online school tomorrow." Miya warns.

"Don't worry I brought my laptop with me, so he can do his school work at home."

"Ok that will be fine." Miya said.