Christopher Argent

Stiles felt responsible for Allison's death, and he knew that Chris hated him. He had lost his friendship with Scott over it.

Scott had also ditched the whole pack, after they all sided with Derek and peter, rather than Scott over the Hale lands. Only Liam and Mason sided with him.

The Hale pack consisted of Derek as Alpha, Peter his left hand, Isaac, Chris, Lydia and Stiles. Jackson and Ethan are also pack but are in London.

They were having a pack meeting at the loft. Towards the end Stiles disappeard to the toilet and when he came back every one had left apart from Chris. He needed a lift, as his jeep was in the garage getting repairs and he was hoping Lydia would give him one. Stiles didn't fancy walking home so he hesitantly asked the hunter if he could give him a ride, to which Chris just nodded and stiles followed the hot brooding hunter to his car.

The silence was killing Stiles. He'd killed Allison. Well, not him, but that thing wearing his face, which was as good as the same, so he knew it was hard for the hunter to be near him.

Did Chris wish him dead? Stiles couldn't blame him, but it still hurt. He'd never wanted to harm Allison, or Aiden. If he could go back and save them, he would. It was bad enough his Dad could barely stand to be in the house with him, but he didn't know if he could deal with Chris hating him.  His teenage crush hadn't disappeared even with the time and distance away.  Nope, it had gotten worse. Stiles just had to accept he was half in love with a man who hated him.

Stiles had, had enough. "STOP the car."

"What." Chris asked.

"Please just stop the car."

Chris pulled up and stiles sprinted out of the car. He felt like a panic attack was coming.

"Stiles, are you okay.?"

Stiles looked at Chris.

"Look, I get it. You hate me and don't want to be anywhere near me. I'm sorry you had to drive me home."

Stiles was trying to calm his breathing.

Chris was silent for a moment, he was confused.

"I don't hate you, Stiles."

"Are you sure about that. You've barely spoken a word to me since you got back." Stiles saw the hurt look on Chris's face. "I'm sorry. I mean I get it. My own dad can't even be in the same room as me these days. I'm sorry, so sorry for what happened. You cannot imagine how fucking sorry I am." Stiles's voice cracked then, tears coming without permission. He dragged a hand across his face angrily. "Come on, let's just go,  Stiles went to get back in the car but he was stopped by Chris.

His breath stuttered when a large hand reached up to cup his face "I don't hate you, Stiles. I could never hate you."

Stiles blinked away his tears. "But you should. What happened with with Allison, that was all my fault."

Chris's eyes grew wide, before his lips parted and he let out a heavy sigh. "Stiles, that wasn't your fault. I'm sad that I won't get to see Allison, see her get married and have kids, and that will never change, but she'd want me to move on, she would want you to move on, to live, and she'd kick your ass if she knew you were blaming yourself. You were as much a victim of the nogitsune as she was."

Stiles stood straighter, frustration taking over from tears. "Then why the fuck are you avoiding me? You can barely look at me these days. I thought we were friends, at least."

Chris's hand didn't move from his face, his thumb softly stroking away the last of the tears. "Oh baby, I'm sorry."

Baby? What the fuck?