21 ~ I promise

'The yuleball? I thought that wasn't a thing anymore.' You said while putting down the flyer.

'Apperently it is.' Draco said while taking a bite from his bread. 'Its a winterball after all.'

You took a bite from your food.

'Is Peter here?'

You looked up at Grace and shook your head.

'Perfect. I cant stand that dude.'

She slammed her schoolbag on the table and sat down besides you. She sighed dramatically and laid her head on her arms on the table.

'Are you okay?'

'Peter checked out Lindsey Growans arse!'

Draco looked at her in confusion. That wasn't like Peter at all.

'How do you know that?' Draco asked.

'Well, we were sitting in the common room and she passed by and Peter dropped his quill right when she passed by and then he looked up at her arse!' She nearly cried.

You doubted her story.. but the fact that Peter arrived didn't make it much better.

'Oh for wizards sake, still?! I told you I literally just dropped my quill. I had to look up because else I can't get up properly!'

'Yeah, okay Peter, keep lying to me!'

This was so dramatic that you didn't even know how to react or help them. They just started arguing back and forth. You looked at Draco and he signaled towards the exit. You nodded and quietly got up before heading out.

'If I ever get that dramatic, please slap me.' You laughed.

'I'd never slap you.. not outside of bed.'

You playfully pushed him and you rolled your eyes. You, Draco, Peter and Grace had assigned for studyhall to prepare for your N.E.W.Ts. that was going to be awkward.

'What are we going to do?' You asked. 'Grace and Peter won't want to sit together.'

'We can be separated for a lesson. We don't wanna pretend to be the clingy couple.'

You didn't say anything and headed with him towards the library. There were 2 tables left. You looked at him. He kissed you cheek and walked to one of the empty table.

'Come on Y/N. I dont want to sit with mister arse starer.' Grace sneered while pulling you with her towards an empty table.

You sat down besides her. You glanced over to Draco and Peter. You hated yourself so much. Ever second of the day you were just longing for him. The kiss you shared replayed itself every minute of the day.

'Look at that idiot. You'd this my arse would be good enough for him.'

'Can you stop being dramatic?' You asked. 'The poor guy dropped a quill.'

Grace didn't say anything. You just grabbed your parchments and homework and started studying. You needed this distraction. You just started writing while Grace walked off to get books.

You looked back up at Draco and Peter. Draco looked up from his book and you made eye contact. You just smiled at him and he smiled back at you before returning to his work.

His smile and those eyes.. they made you weak. Very weak. If you knew this deal was going to make you fall in love with him you would never have said yes. The softness of his lips, his smell, his soft touch. He treated you like a princess.

'Y/N, you're staring.'

Grace sat down besides you while you looked back at your papers. Grace looked into the direction you were staring at. She had a clear view off Draco.

'Whats going on with you lately?' Grace asked you. 'Your behaviour has changed since the party.'

You didn't respond and just grabbed one of the books she got. You opened it and started reading.

'Y/N, I know you wanted to tell us. Trust me.'

'I didnt want to say anything.' You sighed while flipping the page.

You grabbed your quill and wrote some stuff down which could be important.

'I'm your best friend. I know you like no one else does. Talk to me.'

You looked at her and sighed.

'Draco and I got into an argument and then we kissed while no one was there and fell asleep besides each other and every since I can't get that kiss out of my head and I think I'm in love with him, even though we made a deal that if I am we would stop our deal so I can't tell him.' You blurted out in one go before getting back to work.

Grace needed some time to process that while she just stared at you with an open mouth. She had no idea what to say.

'Wait back up. Let's break this down.'

'Let's not. I dont want to think about it anymore.'

'Please. You need to think this through Y/N.'

You sighed and dropped your quill. You looked at her.

'What did you fight about?'

'He got mad at me because a guy flirted with me at the party but he was surrounded by girls so I thought it was very selfish. It just got headed and we were drunk and he just kissed me.'

You looked back at Draco who was just laughing about something with Peter.

'He was jealous that someone was talking to you. Like jealous jealous.' Grace said. 'Maybe he likes you too.'

'I don't want to like him. I'm enjoying this casual deal. Love only brings problems. Look at the petty fight you and Peter are having. He dropped a quill and you're already freaking out.'

'Hey! That's mean!'

'Its true. If he finds out he ends it.'

'Unless he likes you.'

'You don't know that.'

'Neither do you.'

You looked back at your book.

'Just don't tell anyone. Please. Not even Peter.'

'I promise.'