27 ~ I never wanted to forget

It was 3 am and you still laid awake. You hadn't been able to sleep but that wasn't really anything new. You pushed yourself up and sighed while sitting in your bed.

Your body was longing for a hug. Not just a hug.. Draco's hug. You had been on the verge of crying all week but you had just been bottling it up.

You got up and headed towards your door. You quietly unlocked and opened your door. But instead of heading to Draco, you headed towards the bathroom.

You switched on the light and got blinded for a moment. When your eyes got used to it you looked at yourself in the mirror. You turned on the water and threw some in your face. Get yourself together you thought while taking a deep breath.

You didn't want to go and see Draco. Your thoughts had been all over the place. The one minute you thought he hated you and then you thought back about all the kisses and you were convinced he might even like you.

You missed him. You missed the contact you had with him. You just wanted him to tell you everything was going to be okay. You turned off the light and walked out of the bathroom.

You then passed your room and walked towards Draco's. Your heart was beating fast and you were nervous. You hadn't properly spoken to him in so long. Maybe he didn't want to see you.

You opened his door. It made a squeaky noise as you opened it and the light shined right one Draco's face. He woke up and stretched before looking up, using his hand to create a bit of a shadow.

'Y/N?' He asked.

'I'm sorry that I woke you.' You said. 'Maybe this is a bad idea.'

'No, no it's not.. what's up?'

Tears came up in your eyes as you looked at him. Finally after an entire week you seemed to be able to feel the sadness of the past week. Finally you might be able to throw it all out.

'Do you hate me?' You choked.

Draco could hear that you were about to cry. His heart was breaking, seeing you like this.

'No.. I could never hate you.' He said.

'Okay because if you do I'm sorry. For everything. From ruining the ball, for ruining our deal, for not talking to you for so long-'

'Close the door.' He said.

He heard you sniff as you closed the door.

'Come here.'

You walked over to him. He pulled you into his arms as you laid down on his bed. He wrapped his arms against you as you broke down crying against his chest. His arms made you feel safe. You felt like you could say and do anything and that it wouldn't matter. He made you feel like nothing could ever hurt you again. Draco stroke the back of your head as he just let you cry.

'It's alright. I'm here.' He whispered in your ear. 'Thank you for coming to me.'

'Thank you for being patient with me.' You sniffed.

'You're here now. Our house is safe. You can just relax here and we will think about solutions. You know I'll never leave you alone. You'll always have me by your side.'

Those were the exact words you needed to hear. You wiped your eyes with your hands and held onto him tightly. Draco tightened his hold on you. He never wanted to let you go.

'Draco, I need to tell you something.' You sniffed.

'What's up, princess?' He asked.

'You know all those times that we kissed. That we swore we would disregard. We would never talk about anymore.'

Draco smiled as he thought about it.

'Yeah. What's up with those.'

'What if I never wanted to forget them?' You asked him.

Draco wasn't sure about what you meant.

'What if I never wanted to forget those kisses? What if they have been replaying in my head every day since they happened? I know it wasn't meant to happen but every day since I've been praying it happens again.' You choked while tears streamed down your face.

'Y/N-' Draco started.

'I know we have a deal. And I know its not okay but I like you. This isn't a game anymore.' You sobbed. 'And I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I just didn't want to loose you.'

Somewhere Draco had known the entire time. He moved some hair away from your face.

'I'm sorry.' You said.

'Dont be.' He smiled.

He then pressed his lips against yours. You kissed him back right away. Draco held onto you and deepened the kiss. He moved his head and while he did he entered his tongue into your mouth. You twirled your tongue around his before he pulled back.

'I like you too. I have for awhile.' He said. 'We will figure it out.'

You snuggled into him and took a deep breath. You felt so much better now he knew.

'The most important thing is that you sleep.' He said. 'Close your eyes. I'll be here the entire time.'

You closed your eyes. You slowed down your breathing and slowly drifted off to sleep in his arms.

When you woke up, you immediately remembered what happened last night. You slowly opened your eyes and and turned around. You saw Draco, sitting besides you in bed just casually reading the newspaper. He turned his head to you and smiled.

'Hey sleepy head, it's almost noon.' He grinned. 'How did you sleep?'

'You're like really handsome.' You said.

Draco laughed.

'How long have you been wanting to tell me that?' He asked.

Draco put the newspaper away and he laid himself back down.

'For a long time.' You grinned.

Draco grabbed your chin and kissed you. You moved a little closer to him while kissing him. You moved your hand into his hair. You pulled back and smiled at him before giving him another kiss.

'I'm kind off hungry. Do you want something?' He asked.

'What if.. I want you for breakfast?' You asked before kissing his neck.

'That's very tempting.' He grinned. 'But I could really use some food first. Want to eat downstairs?'

You sighed and pulled your lips back from his neck.

'Sure. Let me get out of these pajamas.'

'Move your stuff to this room while you're at it.' Draco grinned while getting up.