23 ~ confused

You had been avoiding everyone. Grace, Peter, Draco.. you came into class last minute, sat down at the very back and left first. You didn't want to talk about what happened.

You sat in the corner of Slughorns classroom for your detention. You just brought something to read. You and Draco were the only ones who got detention but you still hoped he wouldn't notice you somehow.

You just kept your eyes on your book as you heard Draco walk in. He stared at you and decided he was just going to sit besides you. You moved away from him and kept reading.

'Can we talk?' He asked.

'No. We are in detention.' You sighed.

'Come on. Please. I feel like we should.'

Draco pushed your book down and you looked straight into his beautiful eyes. You swatted his hand away and moved your book back up.

'Dont be like that.' He sighed. 'We need to discuss this.'

'Discuss what?'

He looked around and leaned in towards you a little.

'People have been asked me if we broke up because you're not talking to me.' He whispered.

'So?' You asked.

'I need this thing to stay believable before-'

You grinned and shook your head. You closed your book and laid it down.

'If after everything that happened it's still about how "believable" this is.. maybe we should break up.'

You looked away from him. Saying those words actually hurt. You didn't want this to end but Grace was right. This wasn't working.

'Why? Everything is going perfectly fine.' Draco spoke.

'We broke our agreements multiple times. We said we'd stop if that happens.'

'It's alright. We can just like make sure it doesn't happen again.'

You wanted to say so many things to him right now but you didn't. You didn't say anything at all. You just reopened your book.

'We can end it if you want to but please..  I need you to hold on until after the chirstmas break. Else this entire deal won't make any sense anymore.'

'Fine.' You just said.

Something just didn't feel right to Draco.. but he didn't want to keep bothering you. He just sat back and looked around the classroom. He expected to have way more fun here.

Draco said his hand on your upper leg. He always did that when you sat together during class.

'Get off me.' You said while pushing his hand away.

'What's wrong with you?' He asked.

'I just don't want you to touch me.'

'Youre being so hostile. I know things have happened but can we please just act normal to each other.'

You didn't even want to start this argument. Draco sighed and he picked up his stuff. He stood up and looked at you. He was going to say something but then he just walked off to go sit somewhere else.

That's how you two spend the rest of your detention. No talking, nothing. You didn't expect it to ever get to this point but there you were.

The time passed slowly but when you could finally go, you both left the classroom. Draco didn't even try to talk to you or walk besides you. He just headed straight through the corridor.

'So you and Draco did break up, huh?'

You turned your head to face Astoria. She give your an amused smile and grinned.

'Guess I get my man after all.'

Draco stopped and turned around.

'Its just an argument. We didn't break up.' Draco said.

He looked at you for back up. He actually wasn't even sure if you were going to back him up at this point.

'Doesn't seem like it.' Astoria said. 'Guess I have to tell your dad.'

You looked at the face Draco gave you. Pleading for your help as Astoria began to walk away.

'Wait.' You said.

Astoria stopped. Draco looked at you.

'I'm sorry I was mean to you..' You said to Draco. 'I guess I'm just a little confused sometimes.' You admitted.

Draco walked back towards you.

'Dont worry. You're not the only one.' He admitted.

You looked at each other for a moment and smiled at him.

'We'll be alright.' You told him.

He smiled and gave him a hug. He hugged you back. He grabbed your hand and you headed back to the common room with him. When you got in you let him go.

'I'll see you at dinner.' You said to him.

'Y/N, did you mean what you said?' He asked.

You turned to him.

'No. I am sorry but the rest was.. you?'

'No. No its fine.'

You both meant it but neither of you would admit it. You just wanted to get this deal over with so you could leave this all behind you after the winter break.

'Alright. I'll see you soon.'