𝟓.𝟐𝟖

─── 「OUTLIVE ME NOT」 ───

CHAPTER WARNINGS:

Because I know sexual assault is an extremely triggering topic, I'm here to warn you this chapter; it's just a mention of sexual assault, but I'll add a warning right before it's mentioned and after for those of you who'd prefer to skip said part.

That same section includes depictions of torture, so the warning will be for both.

Stay safe.

     I had moved as fast as my feet allowed me to the front to tell Octavia what we had learned

     I had moved as fast as my feet allowed me to the front to tell Octavia what we had learned. I had been racking my brains on my way there, but I couldn't come up with anything: I didn't know the terrain, I had no idea about the extent of the weaponry the prisoners had, and their numbers were more of a blur to me than anything else.

- "We'll figure it out when we get there." -Octavia was quick to ease my mind- "We aren't going in without a plan."

- "Yeah, those days are well behind us." -I chuckled, shielding my eyes from the burning sun- "Just a couple more days and we'll be there. Without rations." -I glanced behind us- "It's not going to be easy."

- "When has anything ever been easy for us?"

- "We had around three months of peace at some point." -I glanced back at Octavia- "We'll make camp once we get there and take care of the elderly and sick before anything else."

- "You know the bunker would have done them no good."

- "I doubt this sun is making them any favors either."

- "I thought we had settled this."

- "We settled almost killing each other, not your outburst and subsequent annihilation of Monty's hopes." -Octavia opened her mouth to protest, but I was faster- "I'm not going to patronize you, I just need you to understand that just because you're afraid you can't act on your own when your actions have consequences of this proportions. It's different from us fighting because that's between us; that's us. We are sisters. We love each other, we fight, we want to kill each other one second, and the next we are having a sleepover. That's family. But the farm was out of reach, as good as it must've felt destroying our prison and the burden we've carried for well over six years now."