𝟓.𝟑𝟑

───── 「VENGEANCE IS UNFORGIVING」 ─────

     The final battle of this war has begun for Wonkru

After the injured have been taken care of as quickly and as efficiently as possible given their current circumstances, Samantha gives the order to move. The Commanders speak in her head, reminding her that whatever the outcome of that battle may be, it will set her legacy. For good or bad.

The promise she's made to Bellamy also echoes in the back of her head. Loud and consistent, a reminder of all she has to lose.

Stay alive.

As she gets in the Rover alongside Echo, Murphy, Emori, and Octavia, she thinks of Jasper.

I'll find you in the next life, I promise.

Samantha smiles to herself as she looks up at the sky.

One day, Jasper, but not today.

She sits on the back, allowing Echo to drive and Octavia to sit beside her. Who'd have thought they'd willingly get in the same enclosed space just a month prior? Those wounds have all started to heal, and with time, Samantha knows it will all just become a distant memory of harsh times, of decisions made trying to save different people, but in the end, it was all meant to happen for all of them to survive. That's what Samantha believes in. Every little mistake along the way has gotten her where she is. Looking in anger at the past won't do them any good, so it's time to say goodbye to those times and look into the future they are all together fighting for.

The plan is simple. They'd go in the Rover to drag the soldier's weapons out and take out their canons. Thea and Bellamy are to stay behind with Wonkru and only move forward when they hear the signal. Samantha is not going to risk any more lives than she can spare, but she also won't stay behind even if she knows the risks of that mission.

What example is she setting if she isn't willing to risk her own neck for her plan? Not a good one. The Commanders don't like that, but when has she ever cared?

- "We're clear on the plan, right?" -Octavia looks back at them.

- "Yeah. It's clear." -Murphy concedes from behind her- "Sitting ducks is what we're going to be."

- "I told you you could have stayed behind with Lila." -Samantha smiles, raising a teasing eyebrow at Murphy in front of her as he raises his head to meet his friend's eyes.

- "And miss all the fun?" -Murphy scoffs- "She's going to love this story when I tell it to her before sleep tonight."

- "You already made plans with her?"