𝟓.𝟏𝟒

───── 「STRATEGIC MOVE」 ─────

     I knew I needed to sleep, but I was worried about Echo; I was worried they had figured out the reason she was really there; I was worried they had hurt her; I was worried Raven was hurt and that was the reason why it had been 8 hours and we s...

     I knew I needed to sleep, but I was worried about Echo; I was worried they had figured out the reason she was really there; I was worried they had hurt her; I was worried Raven was hurt and that was the reason why it had been 8 hours and we still had no news about them. I wished I had been the one to go.

But I needed to be here. I needed to deal with my sister. I needed to be with Sam because, as much as I wanted to give her space, I was terrified giving it to her would push her away from me forever. I had spent all night going over what she told me and what I had seen in the pit when Madi told Octavia she was a real Nightblood. I was certain Sam was trying to move on with Roan and, as much as that pissed me off, I knew he'd take care of her so, knowing that, gave me peace of mind regarding her safety. But no amount of words of praise or promises from Roan to take care of her would make the tie in my stomach every time I saw Sam disappear. I had to figure out a way to tell her all I had to say and, even if after that she chose Roan, then at least I'd know I had tried. I only wanted her to be happy but I'd be lying if I said I only wanted her to feel like that with me. Was it selfish? Absolutely.

- "Bellamy, you need to sleep." -Harper's voice startled me; I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't even hear the door opening- "Go, I can deal with this."

- "It's been 8 hours, Haper." -I shook my head- "Something must have gone wrong; Raven could have built a cathedral by now."

- "They'll get it done." -she squeezed my arm- "Go, I'll keep an eye on this."

The door opened again, this time revealing Octavia followed by Indra. My sister moved her eyes from Harper to me and back a couple of times before she focused her gaze on me.

- "Well?" -she rose her eyebrows- "Any word?"

- "We knew it'd take some time." -Harper was quick to answer as I focused back on the monitor in front of me- "We can count on Echo."

- "It wouldn't be the first time she's betrayed us, though." -I could hear the hatred dropping with her words like venom; I hated that, I hated that she couldn't let go of the past; we all had managed to do so, so why couldn't she?- "Hey, I know you're still upset we shot the traitors, Bellamy, but you have to understand. This is war." -her hand suddenly on my shoulder disturbed me, looking back at her- "I promise it'll all be better once we get to the valley."

- "It's funny; that's exactly what we thought about coming back down. Then we found you."

I could see my sister's expression changing, from calm and thankful, to disgusted and angry; I could tell she was thinking of what to say, but she never got the chance.

- "Wao," -Sam's hurt tone made me look at the door again; I didn't know she was there, I'd have never said that to her, but I understood how it looked- "that really burns." -she licked her lips, looking at the ground for a second- "Guess you aren't as ready to talk as you made it look."