𝟓.𝟒

───── 「WELCOME HOME」 ─────

     Six years and nine days

     Six years and nine days. I knew I wasn't supposed to be keeping up with the count but I couldn't help it; I needed to get out of the bunker. Sure, being powerful enough to protect my people was great, even if now everyone was my people, but I'd have rather be able to run in the woods again; I wanted Lila to get out and live like the child she was supposed to be.

- "Sam?" –Roan called for me as he got out of the bathroom.

- "Huh?"

- "You didn't hear a word I said, right?"

- "Yes, yes I did." –I lied as I fastened my corset.

- "You're thinking about the outside, aren't you?" –he stood in front of me, he had just come out of the shower and his hair was wet, water dripping down its ends down to his chest.

- "I'm starting to forget what it felt like and I don't want to." –I confessed- "The air, the green, using my bow, the animals... the freedom." –I sighed- "I am very close to losing hope."

- "Hey." –he pulled my chin up- "It's not your fault. I'm sure everything will work out in the end."

- "It better. It's been a year since you could live up there and look where we are." –he tried to wrap his arms around me but I pushed him away- "Hey, hey, I already showered today." –I chuckled- "Go dry up if you want to touch me."

He started laughing before shaking his head, the water falling on me as I ran to the other side of the room, yelling at him in between laughs to let me live in peace. He entered the bathroom again and I sat down on the bed, putting on my boots before moving to take my blades, running my fingertips over my bow. God, I miss it. Sheda's quiver was there too with his vest. I didn't feel like I could ever wear it again after everything that had happened but I decided to save it for Lila, for when she was grown enough for it to fit her. I smiled to myself thinking of the day she'd be that old, which would make me even older and I just couldn't picture it; I always thought I'd die young and yet, there I was, 24 years old and still going.

- "If you're bored, you could go get another tattoo." –Roan caught me out of guard as his voice startled me.

- "Another one?" –I scoffed turning around, seeing him wearing pants now instead of the towel- "Where? On my face? No thanks. I like it how it is."

- "You still have plenty of skin on your body to cover." –he crossed his arms over his chest, raising a knowing eyebrow at me- "I could make a couple of suggestions."

- "Oh, do I?" –I smiled- "And how'd you know that?"

He didn't have time to answer as the door to our room opened, revealing a very excited Lila that basically jumped into my arms as soon as she was close enough for me to catch her, making me laugh like I only did with her.