𝟓.𝟏𝟐

─── 「BITTERSWEET; SO LONG」 ───

     I decided to follow Sam's advice, getting out of the bunker, trying to find Echo to make sure she didn't leave for, even if Octavia had threatened her life, something told me she wouldn't raise a hand against her without Sam's approval

     I decided to follow Sam's advice, getting out of the bunker, trying to find Echo to make sure she didn't leave for, even if Octavia had threatened her life, something told me she wouldn't raise a hand against her without Sam's approval. I appreciated that. I wasn't giving Sam the credit she deserved. I walked around the ruins, not finding her anywhere, finally getting back to the tent we had all been sharing and finding her there packing her things.

- "Hey, hey." -I quickly entered, pulling the bag from her hands- "What are you doing?"

- "Leaving." -she eyed me- "And you're not coming with me."

- "Of course not, because we are both staying." -I forced her to stop packing- "You heard Sam."

- "Your sister doesn't want me here and I don't want to get in between you both like I did with Jusheda."

- "Echo, stop. It's not your fault, that's on me."

- "Still. I should leave."

- "But why?"

- "Because they are fighting an enemy they can't beat, and now Diyoza is using the fact that the people know it to pull them apart."

- "So what would you do about it, spy?"

Octavia rushed in the tent, forcing us both to look at her; she had changed from her training clothes, wearing her battle clothes now, looking at Echo in a threatening and arrogant way.

- "The truth?" -Echo faced her as Octavia nodded- "Surrender. Only a fool fights a war they can't win."

- "I have a better idea."

Octavia smiled at Echo, clearly having been devising a plan of her own: offering to lift her banishment if she spied for her; I already thought that plan was insane and the fact that Octavia later revealed that she wanted the names of the defectors only added to it. I saw Echo thinking about it, going about her options in her head as I wondered where the hell Sam was now. They both finally came to an agreement as much as it angered me.

- "You may go now to see how Monty's doing." -Octavia addressed me before moving to exit our tent.

- "Have you forgotten I'm not welcome there?"

- "You really don't think Sam would hurt you, right?" -she eyed me over her shoulder as I stood in my place, really thinking about it for I had never actually thought Sam would hurt me; it surprised me that Octavia considered it an option in a way- "You do. Wao, 6 years really is a long time."

I didn't have time to contradict her as she left us there; I, too lost on my own thoughts and Echo still wondering how the hell she was going to pull this one out. After making sure she wouldn't leave, I walked inside the bunker, not seeing Sam anywhere, wondering how big this place really was not to cross paths with her. Or maybe I had, but she had been hiding in the shadows, remembering Roan's words about them being hers; I hadn't made much of that comment but I was starting to understand.