𝟓.𝟏𝟔

───── 「RECONCILIATION」 ─────

     I had spent around 30 minutes with Monty, walking around the hydro farm and listening to everything he had to say; he told me about how he had managed to develop the algae, how he fed everyone in space with it, the many trials and errors and ...

     I had spent around 30 minutes with Monty, walking around the hydro farm and listening to everything he had to say; he told me about how he had managed to develop the algae, how he fed everyone in space with it, the many trials and errors and how he thought he could manage to revive the hydro farm with it so that we wouldn't have to fight for the valley.

- "So, what do you think?"

- "I think is great." -I smiled at him as he sat down on a table against the wall- "If you pull off that one, you'll be giving people the option to remain here if they want to."

- "But?" -his voice wasn't judgmental; if anything he seemed concerned.

- "But I won't be one of them; there's nothing that could make me stay back here, down in this bunker in which I've only known pain and darkness and blood for so long. I appreciate what you are trying to do and I stand by your side and I'll make sure you have everything you need to develop the algae but I won't stay down here for longer than I have to."

- "Was it that bad?"

- "Worse than your darkest nightmares but don't worry about it, okay? I'm fine."

- "Did you read Jasper's letter?"

- "No." -I sighed, looking around us- "I'm afraid he'll ask me to stop the fight. I can't. Not yet."

- "This isn't just about having food, is it?"

- "It's about fleeing the sins we've committed for survival. It's the reason Kane and Abbie left at the first chance they got, it's why all those people left with Echo and why some will fight with me for the valley."

- "I don't wanna fight, Sam."

- "Hey." -I placed my hands on his shoulders- "I'm not going to force you to do something you don't want to do. Only those who want to fight will do. If you want to stay back here, I respect that and I'll make sure to visit you in case you need anything once we are settled in the valley. You'll be welcome to join me there if you ever get tired of this dark hole."

- "I need to show this to Cooper."

- "I'll look for her and set a meeting for you both... tomorrow morning?" -he nodded, I could tell he was excited about this and that, somehow, made me feel better about this place, but not enough to drop the fight- "I'm going to look for Clarke now."

- "I think I'll stay down here for a little longer."

- "Alright." -I chuckled- "Do keep me updated on what happens here, alright?"

- "Of course." -I turned around, waving goodbye- "Sam, wait." -I looked back at him, seeing him getting down from the table and walking towards me- "Thank you for being open about this. I wished you could just... stop fighting but I sense you need to leave this place. Maybe one day you'll tell me about what happened here."