𝟓.𝟑𝟓

────「CENTURIAL SLUMBER」────

     My mind raced with thoughts and questions

     My mind raced with thoughts and questions. All the worries banged on my skull, begging me to set them free by shaping them into words for others to hear. I breathed rhythmically, trying to calm both my racing mind and aching body as I walked down the hallway toward the bridge where I expected, and hoped, everyone I needed would be.

- "You gave us a good scare there, Heda."

I turned around to be face to face with Monty and Harper. My eyes landed first on their hands together, fingers interlaced. That brought a smile to my face.

- "And I took Bellamy with me." -I allowed them to catch up with me- "I'm sorry."

- "Did you take him or did he join you?" -Harper smiled- "All that matters is that everyone is back here safe."

- "Yeah." -I took in a deep breath- "We just now have to figure out how long can we stay up here, how long for the Valley to come back. If it does." -I made a pause after those words came out of my mind. What would we do if the Valley were completely destroyed? I didn't even want to consider it an option- "We have to figure out everything around here, really. Including the cryo beds."

- "Any reason for that in particular?" -Monty questioned.

- "Roan."

- "Sam, we're so sorry." -Harper made me pause my march, standing in front of me and holding my hands- "If there's anything we can do."

- "Anything you need, Sam." -Monty squeezed my upper arm- "You took care of us, let us take care of you."

- "I'm so happy you got six nice years of peace. You deserved them." -I took their hands in mine and squeezed them- "So let's go give everyone else some peace as well."

- "And yourself!" -Monty pointed out as Harper chuckled.

- "We'll see." -I smiled- "Thank you for joining me. I think we'll have a lot of decisions to make and I could use your expertise."

- "You've saved all these people." -Harper wrapped her arm around mine, a sincere look in her eyes- "Anything we can do to help, we'll do."

"