𝟓.𝟖

── 「FRAGILE; LOVING HEART」 ──

     I was aware of the storm around us, the wind cold and sharp against my face as I heard everyone around covering us, having formed a shelter for Octavia, Clarke, and me, grunting in pain and letting out quiet grunts and yelps as the sand cut t...

     I was aware of the storm around us, the wind cold and sharp against my face as I heard everyone around covering us, having formed a shelter for Octavia, Clarke, and me, grunting in pain and letting out quiet grunts and yelps as the sand cut their skins. This was definitively not what I wanted but there was nothing I could do about it then, eventually falling asleep as I struggled to keep my eyes open.

The next time I looked around me, the sun was up and the storm was long gone. Roan was lying behind me, keeping me up with his back against a small sand mound. Octavia sat beside me with Indra while Bellamy and Clarke were sat in front of us, whispering something I couldn't get. I straightened my back, blinking hard a couple of times.

- "Hey, easy there." -Roan spoke behind me- "How are you feeling?"

- "I'm not sure if I fell asleep because I was tired or I passed out because of the venom." -I looked at Octavia- "You okay?"

- "Weak." -was her simple answer, accompanied by a small nod, so I knew she was alright.

- "Probably both." -Clarke squatted in front of me, touching my forehead- "Your wound will heal with time; I checked your ribs and you seem to be doing okay there too."

- "Appreciate it." -I nodded at her- "Help me up."

- "Let me."

Bellamy replaced Clarke, standing in front of me and offering me his hands; I grabbed onto him and he pulled me up carefully, his hands on my hips as I stood still.

- "I don't know why I thought I'd get dizzy." -I eyed Clarke- "That worm must have been a weak one." -I chuckled as she shook her head amused- "Alright, you can let go now, I'm fine." -Bellamy eyed me but finally let go and I turned around to see how the rest were- "Everyone okay?"

- "Drained from energy and with dozens of cuts on their backs." -Indra answered me.

- "What now?"

- "We keep going." -Octavia stood next to me.

- "You and I need to talk about this."

- "About what?"

- "About you thinking you can make decisions without me. We need to think this through, we can't just run into the worms again. I'm not going to do that and neither are you."

As Octavia opened her mouth to answer me, we heard the loud sound of an engine coming our way. I looked to the sky instinctively; there were no clouds so, if it had been a ship, we should have been able to see it by then. I doubted any of us felt at ease not seeing the ship, all our eyes moving to a mound in front of us as one of the people closest to it screamed.