5. oh.. so, pretend, huh..?

I, eventually, calmed myself down and decided to lay there in bed, eyes half-closed.

Soon enough, I heard (and saw) Yuna getting up, stretching, gathering her things and leaving. Then, a few minutes later, heard the front door being slammed shut.

Now, this sudden - and fairly irritating - sound caused Ni-Ki to flinch and wake up, then he got out of bed and started walking around..

Only to stop at the bed again - on the other side now, so that he was facing me. He laid back beside me and hugged my waist as he was doing earlier.

Ah, so he thinks I'm asleep.

"Hyung.. I know you can't hear me but..." He sniffled.

"I want you to know that, if everything doesn't work out with Yuna, I'm going somewhere better. I've already done so much harm to so many people, just because of my past heartbreaks. And.. I always understood that it wasn't their fault, but I couldn't control myself - I'm sorry Hyung..

Yuna looks so much like her. I can't believe I...let her... g-get.. run over that day." He cried to me. I could practically feel his guilt through the air.

"Oh, and, you might wonder who that woman is. My mother, she was. She cared for me and Konon the most out of everyone. She always wanted us to be happy - in fact, that was all she ever wanted. She.. was a good woman. The best, actually."

"Hyung... Thank you for always being there for me. I love you hyung." He whispered. Then, he got up.

I don't even know what I was thinking, because the next thing I did was to grab his hand and pull him back next to me.

I sat up hesitantly and tapped a spot beside me on the bed.

"W-were you-"

"Shhh. It's okay. Sit down."

He nodded slowly.

When he finally managed to sit himself down, I pulled his hand closer and, eventually, dragged him into a hug.

"I'll do anything I can to help you, Riki." I told him comfortingly.

"T-thanks Hyung.." He sniffled.

Hearing and seeing him like this, it was so unbearable for me - so much so, that I immediately broke down into tears.

"I have a plan." He stated after a while, pulling away from the hug - so I followed.

"Go on"

"Pretend to be my boyfriend."

"WHAT?!"

"Pretend to be my boyfriend, to make Yuna jealous."

Oh, so.. pretend, huh?

"I-I don't know if I can-"

"Please." He pleaded. "Or else.."

"Or else what?"

"Or else I'll kiss you."

"Why waste your first kiss on me if you love Yuna?"

"Cause I can."

"Ugh, fine. I'll do it, just to make you hap-"

I was cut off, by the feeling of something against my lips.

It was only a quick peck from Ni-Ki, but that was enough to leave me completely speechless.

"Gotta get used to it, babe." He winked at me.

And that was it.. He just walked out of the room, leaving me all alone with my thoughts.

Wait..

Did Ni-Ki seriously just steal my first kiss..?