n i n e

song: 'take my breath' by the weeknd

present

"Shut up," Genevieve said, standing up and quickly walking over to Pope, who was leaning over the front of the boat and staring into the water.

"No, no, guys. I'm serious. There's a boat down there," Pope said, pointing to the boat as the others gathered around.

"Holy shit, he's right. Let's go," Kie said as she began to strip down to her bikini.

Genevieve did the same before she dove into the water. "This is crazy."

"You think there's a dead body down there?" Pope asked as everybody else jumped into the water. "Guys, wait up!"

"Get your ass in here Pope!" JJ called before they all began to swim towards the boat.

Beneath the water was a Grady-White, a very expensive boat. Genevieve couldn't believe her eyes.

"You guys saw that right?" JJ said as they resurfaced, gasping for air.

Genevieve nodded. "Yup."

Everybody laughed, unable to comprehend what they just saw.

"That's a Grady-White. A new one of those is 500 G's, easy," JJ said as they swam back towards the HMS Pogue. "That's a primo rig."

JJ held his hand out and helped Genevieve up onto the boat.

"Yeah, that's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge. Maybe it hit the jetty or something," John B said, peering back into the water.

"You surfed the surge?" Kie asked, a slightly worried tone appearing in her voice.

"Yup. I still can't believe you were that stupid," Genevieve muttered, even though she didn't care anymore. He had made it out alive, so what was the point in getting mad?

"What the heck?" Kie muttered to Genevieve. "Of course JJ hyped him up."

"That's my boy. Pogue style," JJ said as he high-fived John B, knowing it would annoy Genevieve, who just rolled her eyes in response.

"Wait, wait, guys. Do we know whose boat that is?" Pope asked. Sometimes Genevieve was grateful for Pope's sense, but sometimes she hated him for it. This time, she hated him for it. She didn't care whose boat it was. In her eyes, it was food for years.

"Nope, but we're about to find out," John B said, catching Genevieve's attention.

"With no diving gear?" Genevieve questioned as she walked over next to JJ, who was peering into the water.

"Dude, it's too deep," JJ said, watching Genevieve peer into the water after him. He smirked and pushed her forwards, almost causing her to lose her footing and fall in.

"Fuck you JJ," she said with a glare, shoving him in the shoulder.

"Oh, for the weak and feeble JJ," John B said with a grin as he lifted the anchor out from the bottom of the boat.

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you. I'm just making that clear upfront." JJ said.

Genevieve rolled her eyes and walked over to John B. "Are you sure you're gonna be able to do this?"