t e n

song: 'take me to church' by hozier

one year ago

Genevieve kicked a stone across the road as she, John B and JJ walked to Kie's house. Pope was at work with his dad.

"Like half these houses are empty," JJ said as he looked up at yet another one of the mansions of Figure Eight. "Look at the shitholes we live in and then there's people who can afford to have houses like this just sitting here as a backup plan."

Genevieve sighed as she looked over at one of the houses. "It's bullshit," she muttered as they walked towards Kie's house.

"What's bullshit?"

They turned around when they heard the voice, only to see Rafe and Kelce stood behind them.

"Just keep going guys," Genevieve said as she turned back around to continue walking to Kie's house.

"You're going nowhere sweetheart," Rafe said with a smirk as he grabbed Genevieve's collar, pulling her against his chest.

Genevieve kicked and tried to get away from him, but he only tightened his grip.

"Get the fuck away from her, Rafe," JJ said, walking closer to him.

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?" Kelce said with a grin, stepping in front of JJ, who punched him in the face.

John B grabbed JJ by the arm and tried to pull him off of Kelce, but failed. JJ was now on top of Kelce and punching him angrily, who was desperately trying to get JJ off of him.

"JJ, stop it," Genevieve said before she kicked Rafe in the shins.

Rafe winced slightly at the sudden outburst from Genevieve, but he didn't let her go. He bent his head towards hers and whispered menacingly in her ear. "Do you remember our last encounter? Because I do. And I specifically remember saying that if I ever saw you or any of your little Pogue friends on our side of the island, you would pay. And look at this. Here you are on our side of the island, once again."

.....

Topper closed the front door of his house behind him as he walked down the driveway. He was meeting Rafe and Kelce, and they had agreed to meet outside Topper's house, which was only two doors down from Kiara's house.

He glanced at his watch. Rafe and Kelce said that they'd be here by now. He glanced down the street to see if they were near. He could see a group of people, but he couldn't make out who they were. Until he saw Genevieve, with Rafe's arm around her neck.

.....

Rafe grinned as he turned Genevieve around and shoved her to the floor.

JJ glanced over as he heard Genevieve hit the floor. He let go of Kelce and stood up, his fist landing against Rafe's chin. "I said get the fuck away from her."

Topper's eyes widened as he watched Rafe throw Genevieve to the floor. Anger brewed inside of him, but not anger for the Pogues; anger for Rafe. "What the fuck is going on?"

JJ was now on top of Rafe, who he had tackled to the floor. "Lay another hand on her, I fucking dare you," he said as he slammed his fist into Rafe's abdomen.