t w e n t y s e v e n

song: 'sex, drugs, etc.' by beach weather

present

The Pogues were sat on the HMS, discussing what they would do with the $100m they would each inherit if they found the gold of the Royal Merchant.

JJ let out a whistle as a boat approached them. An expensive boat. 'That's the Malibu 24-MXZ. $200k, easy.'

Genevieve didn't care to look up. Boats never interested her much.

'We picked the wrong parents,' Pope muttered.

'I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and Sarah,' Kiara said.

This made Genevieve sit up and look over. Sarah was stood at the front of the boat with Topper, who had his arm around her waist. Sarah had that sour look on her face that she so often did upon seeing the Pogues.

'Yo, Topper!' JJ hollered. 'Thought Gen told you not to follow us?'

'JJ!' Genevieve hissed, hoping that Topper wouldn't pay any attention to them.

It took all of Topper's willpower to not pay any attention to them. He had to keep his eyes straight ahead, or else he'd find himself lost in hers.

'Believe it or not this river actually leads somewhere!' Sarah yelled back at JJ with a glare.

'She really thought she ate,' Kiara muttered when Topper and Sarah were out of earshot.

Genevieve sighed, forcing herself to tear her eyes away from them. She didn't recognise Topper anymore. Last summer, he made fun of the people who drove $200k boats. 'Those are the type of boats you buy to try to prove that you are better than everyone else,' he had said. After seeing Topper on that boat, Genevieve was beginning to understand the truth of that statement.

Kiara glanced over at Genevieve. She remembered Genevieve telling her about the boat trips that Topper had taken her on, and she remembered the light in Genevieve's eyes that shone when she heard his name.

That light had vanished when Topper had left, but Kiara couldn't help but notice how it flickered across her eyes every so often now that he was back. It didn't last long, however; the pain in Genevieve's eyes never left for very long.

.....

'Ok, so Kiara distracts him and we run in and take the drone?' JJ asked the Pogues as the Twinkie pulled up at the salvage yard. They were planning on 'borrowing', not stealing, a drone that could go 1000 feet deep, to help them find the Royal Merchant.

John B nodded. 'Sounds like a plan.'

Pope smacked the blunt that JJ was about to light out of his hand. 'For a plan this far-fetched to work, we need to keep the signal clear.'

JJ rolled his eyes, and pocketed the blunt for later.

They snuck behind a truck as they watched Kiara approach the security guard.

'How are things between you and Kiara, John B?' JJ asked.

Genevieve kept her eyes on Kiara, attempting to tune out of the boys' conversation. Kiara had told her about the awkward kiss, and she didn't fancy hearing about it again.

'Totally fine, totally not awkward, totally normal,' John B blurted out.

JJ snorted with laughter. 'Damn, bro, I could have sworn that she was into you. Would you guys agree, Pope and Gen?'