f o u r t e e n

song: 'everybody wants to tule the world' by lorde

one year ago

"What do you mean 'get revenge on the Kooks'?" Genevieve said as she stopped walking. She didn't like the look in JJ's eyes.

"We, well I, have come up with a plan to get those assholes back for what they did to us," JJ said, turning around to face Genevieve.

"Of course this was your idea," Genevieve muttered. Any plan of JJ's was doomed to fail.

"Yes, of course it was my idea. I'm the only one with enough balls to give those Kooks what they deserve," JJ said, kicking a stone across the road.

Genevieve rolled her eyes. "JJ, tell me what the plan is."

"You'll have to wait and see," JJ said with a smirk.

"JJ, tell me what the plan is," Genevieve repeated.

JJ walked closer to her until they were face-to-face. "You'll have to wait and see."

Before Genevieve could say anything else, JJ had lifted her up and was running down the road.

"JJ!" Genevieve yelled. "Put me down!"

"Nope," JJ said with a grin.

"JJ Maybank, I hate you. Put me down!" Genevieve said as she kicked her legs into his thigh.

"Ouch," JJ said sarcastically.

Genevieve smacked him across the cheek. "Fine. I'll wait and see. But put me down."

"What's the magic word?" JJ teased.

Genevieve rolled her eyes. "Are you kidding me?" She looked at him; he was clearly expecting an answer.

"You are unbelievable. Fine, can you please put me down?"

JJ grinned. "Sorry. I meant to say magic words. Plural."

"JJ!" Genevieve groaned. "Can you put me down, pretty please?"

JJ nodded and let Genevieve jump out of his arms. "See? Was that so hard?"

Genevieve glared at him and pushed him in the shoulder. "I hate you. I hope you know that."

JJ smirked. "I know. You remind me on the daily."

.....

"I see JJ manage to free you from your torture," John B said as Genevieve and JJ walked into the chateau.

Genevieve rolled her eyes. "Walking here with JJ was more torturous than working with my dad."

JJ grinned. "I meant to ask. Who's Mercedes was that?"

"Edward Thornton. Topper's dad. I should have just keyed the car right then and there."

JJ's eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

Genevieve shrugged. "You never asked."

"The shit I would have done to that man," JJ muttered.