t w e l v e

song: 'the one that got away' by katy perry

one year ago

"Shit Genevieve, I was just about to go looking for you," JJ said as Genevieve entered the chateau.

Genevieve smiled weakly. "I think my chain's broken or something," she lied as she sat down next to JJ and opened the first aid kit.

JJ could tell that she was shaken up, but he didn't mention it. After all, she had just gotten thrown to the floor by Rafe Cameron. "Ouch!" JJ hissed as he winced back in pain as Genevieve dabbed an antiseptic wipe against the cut on his cheek.

"Jesus JJ, don't be such a pussy," John B said from across the room.

"I agree. Now hold still or I'll just leave you and your to-be-infected cuts," Genevieve said as she leaned closer to JJ and continued cleaning the wounds.

JJ sighed but let Genevieve clean his wounds. After all, he didn't mind her being so close to him. "Were your parents home?"

Genevieve shook her head. "Nope, thank God. I wasn't exactly looking forward to trying to explain why I was sneaking in to steal the first-aid kit. Now, show me your hands."

JJ held up his hands so Genevieve could clean his bruised knuckles. "Kie must be wondering where we are," he said as Genevieve picked up one of his hands and gently ran an antiseptic wipe across it.

"Yes, I am," Kie said as she appeared in the doorway.

"Holy shit Kiara!" John B yelled as he jumped back in fright.

"How long have you been there?" Genevieve said with a laugh as she picked up JJ's other hand.

"Not long enough to understand what the fuck happened," Kiara muttered as she walked in.

Nobody said anything.

"Lift up your shirt," Genevieve mumbled to JJ, who smirked. Genevieve rolled her eyes. "You are a child, honestly. Now, lift up your shirt."

Kiara gasped as JJ lifted up his shirt to show his toned abdomen, which was covered in bruises and scratches. "I said, what the fuck happened!"

Genevieve bit the inside of her cheek, only now realising the extent of the damage caused by the Kooks. She sighed and looked at JJ, her eyes sympathetic. JJ looked at the ground and fidgeted with his rings.

"Rafe Cameron and Kelce happened," John B muttered as Genevieve began to clean some of the cuts on JJ's chest.

"Seriously?" Kiara said, her voice full of concern.

Genevieve nodded.

"And they beat up all of you?" Kiara pressed.

Genevieve nodded again.

"Unbelievable," Kiara muttered as she picked up an antiseptic wipe from the first-aid kit and walked over to John B. "Sit down."

"You seem to have escaped most of the beatings," Kiara said to Genevieve as she ran the wipe across John B's forehead.

"No she didn't. Look at her back," JJ said.