Chapter 28

Darting as fast as I could through the forest I followed Sesshomaru's scent. After about 10 minutes of tracking his scent, it finally began to get stronger.
"I'm going to figure out who you are Naraku...and why I feel the need to end your life," I muttered. The air began to get thicker as the scent got stronger. It's not a coincidence anymore. Something that's bad is up ahead and I bet the money I don't have that it's Naraku along with Sesshomaru.

Finally, the air was as thick as it could be and Sesshomaru's scent was at its strongest. I hid up in a tree watching what was going down. Listening to every word.
"Naraku! You gave that miserable human arm to master Sesshomaru in hopes that it would destroy him!" the imp accused. So Naraku was using him to kill Inuyasha and then off him with 1 stone. How insulting to Sesshomaru that must be.

"You are mistaken. I merely wished to assist him. And, of course, have my jewel shard returned to me." Naraku's deep raspy voice spoke. It sent my body rigid. Liar. You planned to kill him. I narrowed my eyes at the man in Baboon robes.
"I suppose that makes sense," Sesshomaru uttered before chopping the man's head off. Although taking a better look I realized he escaped.

"So, he escaped. Come down now," he demanded. He knew I was here?! Of course he knew. I rolled my eyes as I hopped down in front of them both.
"Huh?! How long have you been here??" the imp questioned in surprise.
"So we came to the same conclusion. On both him using you and that he escaped." I concluded. He only nodded.

"Lord Sesshomaru. Implore you to contain your anger. I may call on you again should another opportunity arise to destroy Inuyasha. As for you Princess we'll be meeting very soon so don't be too impatient." Naraku's voice spoke from everywhere and nowhere. My body went rigid from his words meant for me.
"How about you show yourself now! Or are you too afraid?!" I taunted but got no response. Dammit.

"A crafty and audacious character. Although what exactly does he want from you?" Sesshomaru questioned turning to look at me. I looked up into the sky for a moment before shaking my head and meeting my eyes back to his.
"I don't know. But whatever it is...it can't be good." I replied. Sighing I turned my body to leave but stopping placing my hand on a tree. Standing for a moment I finally looked over my shoulder at the man who watched me closely.

"As for the not being able to attack you.. it's not me. It's my body that won't allow me to. So don't count yourself special because the same rules apply to you as they do for I. I do not wish to kill you. But I will if I have to." I warned.
"Who are you to make threats when you barely have any power!" the imp shouted at me. Turning to look at him with a sickenly sweet smile, "just watch and see how powerful I get." and with that, I left.