Chapter 4

Screaming I opened my eyes to see a woman with six hands in this abyss of light.
"Such joy! I can feel my strength returning! My body is coming to life again!" the creepy lady exclaimed. Coming to life again? What the hell?! I looked down at her body which went from bones to a full-on centipede body. Disgusting.
"You have it, don't you? Don't you?" she questioned as her long tongue licked the side of Kagome's face. Ew.

"Let her go you nasty bug!" I punch at one of her arms and in retaliation, she smacked me.
"Let me go! You're disgusting!-" Kagome screams out as she struggles against the whatever you want to call her arms. "-Let! Me! Go! I said!" as she said this light emits from her palm which throws the disgusting centipede back. Staring at Kagome in shock the centipede yells out something before she disappears. We continue falling. A pink light emits from Kagome's stomach.

One of the arms which broke off from whatever Kagome did still clutched to her arm.
"The sacred jewel?" she questioned aloud.
"Like the one your grandpa told us about?"
"I'm not sure," she responded to my own question. This is all so weird. We both let out a small huh as we landed gently on the ground and the light disappeared from around us. We both caught our breath look up at the opening. Something feels off. It's light at the top and I'm pretty sure the well had was in a hut covered by a roof.

"Are we still inside the well? Was that a dream?" She turned to me.
"Certainly didn't feel like a dream," I muttered my response while touching my cheek where I got slapped. She turned to look at her arm and yelped while shaking her arm and the arm that got blown off from the disgusting bug fell to the ground disintegrating.
"Definitely not a dream!" we both yelled out horrified.

"We gotta get out of here!-" she exclaims as she stood up I followed her lead. "-Sota are you there?! Get gramps!" she cried out to the top of the well. We stood in silence before she huffed out in annoyance.
"Kagome, he probably ran away after what he just saw. The kid gets scared easily." I voiced out. She nodded agreeing with me.

A white glowing butterfly fluttered between me and Kagome catching my attention as it flutters up and out of the well. That was unusual. Sighing I turned to Kagome, "We'll have to try our best to climb out using those vines." I told her pointing to the vines on the wall.

"I suppose you're right." she sighed back. We both started our ascend up the vines to the top of the well. Being ahead of Kagome I grabbed the ledge and pulled myself out. That's weird usually I'm more tired after exercising like that. Looking up a sudden fear shook me. We aren't where we were before.

"K-kagome I think you need to see this." I turned to her reaching down my hand to help pull her out of the well. Her face took on the same form as what I felt.
"Where is this? I know we fell into the well at the shrine but...-" she pushed herself off the ledge and walked around a little "-Gramps!? Mom!? Gramps?! Mom?!" she shouted out in worry. Placing my hand on her shoulder I shook my head, "They aren't here it's no use. Wherever 'here' is exactly." She looked at me in fear and worry.
"Come on let's look around see if we can find anything familiar," I told her as I grabbed her hand leading us into the forest.

She continued to shout the names of her family including the cat as we walked. Although what is the cat gonna do?
"Mitsuki the entirety of the shrine is gone.." she muttered in despair. I looked back at her in sympathy but unfortunately, my facial expression didn't express that and I don't know how to comfort people unless they are children.

Looking forward I spotted something that felt familiar. Way more familiar than when I first saw it.
"Kagome look.." I whispered pointing to the tree in disbelief.
"Is that what I think it is? It's the-"
"It's the sacred tree! Mitsuki we're practically home!" she shouted happily as she dragged me to the tree. Suddenly she stopped in front of the tree making me slam into her back making us both fall to the floor.