Chapter 8

"I'm sorry Kagome.." I muttered as we dashed for the bird.
"Get a clear shot and don't mess this up!" the boy holding me warned. I narrowed my brows and nodded. Holding the knife I took out earlier I aimed.
"Get me a little closer," I told him making sure I wouldn't miss. He did as he was told and so I aimed once again.

Just as I threw my knife the bird swooped down causing me to miss. Noticing where the bird was going I panicked.
"Shit! Inuyasha he's going for the boy!" I notified the boy below me.
"Alright, I'm taking it from here. Don't worry about not hitting it," he muttered as he set me down gently. It took me by shock that he was so calm considering how he blew up at Kagome.

I watched as the whole scene played out as Inuyasha followed the bird who now had a little boy in its talons. I started to run after the bird too. Inuyasha soon jumped up and slashed at the bird. Its body parts scattering and falling into the water along with the little boy. All the villagers began to follow the little boy who floated down the river. I noticed Kagome stopping and beginning to take off her shoes and socks.
"We don't have time for that!" I muttered frantically as I swan dive straight into the freezing water.

Coming back up I grabbed the boy and began swimming towards the shore fighting the current as I swam. Kagome began to approach us.
"Kagome take the boy I'm going to look for the jewel!" I rushed and shoved the little boy into her arms as I dove under. As I began searching the pieces of the bird for the jewel they began to reassemble. Dammit. I came back up with a gasp of air. The bird coming out of the water beside me causing me to scream in shock. It began to fly up but swooped back around grabbing me by the arm.

"Mitsuki!" I heard Kagome cry out. I struggled for my knives but only to accidentally unhook the strap.
"Dammit! Let me go!" I growled as I started punching the bird but it's like it wasn't even bothered. I heard an ear-piercing sound and as I turned my head I saw an arrow coming my way. Kagome! Quickly moving my head to the side the arrow hit directly in the stomach making the bird instantly scatter again.

I screamed as I started to free fall. The free fall only lasted a few moments as I felt arms wrap around my body and soon I could feel the ground beneath my feet.
"She hit it!" a rough voice rang in my ears. I opened my eyes to see Inuyasha beside me but when I look up shock and worry filled my heart. A bright light was illuminating the sky.

Like thousands of shooting stars, the sky lit up in tiny little streaks of light.
"What the hell is this?!" I shrieked covering my eyes. As soon as the lights were gone the sky was clear again like nothing happened.

"Are you sure it fell around here?" the silver-haired boy asked Kagome doubtfully.
"Well yeah. Kind of- though I'm still kind of worried about that light," she admitted.
"Me too..." I muttered softly in agreement while looking at the now-setting sun. A demonic screech caught my attention and as I turned my head Inuyasha slashed through the crow's head. A small glittery piece dropped to the floor. Oh no. I covered my mouth in shock.

"I hope that's not what I think it-" Kagome began already knowing what I'm thinking.
"What do you think it is?" Inuyasha butted in. She and I crouched down beside it as she picked it up.
"The jewel" I whispered.
"What was that?!" Inuyasha yelled clearly hearing what I said but not believing me.
"I think it's a shard from the jewel," Kagome confirmed.
"Wha- WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" he howled in anger making me cringe.

---time skip---

"I don't believe this! How can they not know what a bath is!?" Kagome shouted in disbelief. We were both in a lake that had a small river stream bathing.
"Kagome they aren't from our world it's different here." I giggled slightly as she shivered clutching her arms around her.
"I don't understand how you're not cold Mitsuki," she commented on my nonshivering body. I only shrugged as a relaxed into the water.