Chapter 18

It's been a couple of days since I left Sesshomaru and Jaken and in a way, I wish I asked if I could stay. If Sesshomaru was heading east at all I could've accompanied him but my pride was too much so I obviously didn't ask. Not to mention it's not his job to let me accompany him. Although ever since I've left starting last night specifically, after seeing something pass over the sky I've had a horrible off feeling. As I came closer to the village the feeling only grew.
"I hope everything is alright..." I whispered in worry.

Finally not being able to shake the feeling I broke into a run hopping through the trees as Inuyasha does but at a much greater speed. Being a full demon has its perks I guess. Finally seeing the ending line of the forest where the village begins I leaped from the last tree landing on one of the houses. Everyone's in a panic? Why? What happened here. Jumping off the roof scaring some of the villagers who weren't aware of my presence.

"L-lady Mitsuki you're back! You should go see Lady Kaede right now!" one of them urgently told me. This only made my fears worse. I shouldn't have left. Quickly making my way to Kaede's home I saw her speaking to Kagome and Inuyasha.
"Kaede what happened!?" I urgently spoke.
"And where the hell have you been?! We could've used your help the other day!" Inuyasha interrupted.
"I'm surprised you even noticed I wasn't around Inuyasha. Anyway, that's not what's important right now." I crossed my arms in irritation.

"Ye should come to see for yourselves," Kaede spoke up finalizing the argument that was brewing.
"But first, Kaede are you alright?" me being worried was an understatement. Kaede has become someone very special to me. Like a mother figure that I haven't had in so long to guide me in the right directions and on the right paths.
"I'm fine child. Let's go." she gave me a soft smile before leading the way.

Walking up some stairs to what only I could assume to lead to a shrine Inuyasha was grumbling the whole way up. Kagome was helping Kaede on one side and me on the other. Finally making it to the top I gasped in horror at the sight. It's completely demolished. This had must've been a gravesite...how disrespectful.
"What happened here?" asked Kagome just as shocked as me.

"The Spector she desecrated my sister Kikyo's gravesite," Kaede informed. Why would someone do such a thing?! Only evil can come from this? I don't know how I know but things feel...like they are tipping off balance. I held my head as a slight pain passed. What's this feeling?
"Oi, what's wrong with you?" Inuyasha must've picked up on my distress. I waved him off and he just replies with a "tch".

"This was her tomb?" Kagome asked. Sometimes this girl gets on my nerves. Didn't Kaede just say that?
"Yes, and I was virtually powerless to stop the assault. My sister had unusually strong powers even for a priestess she was. Her remains have fallen into the hands of evil. Who knows to what end Kikyo's powers will be exploited?" I shivered at the mention of Kaede saying evil. I knew it to be true but how did I know so quickly?

"Inuyasha!" Kaede called as she noticed him walking towards the stairs.
"You're on your own. Apparently, you've forgotten that Kikyo betrayed me. I am not so lucky. I can still remember the pain from the arrow she used to pierce my chest." his voice dripped with venom but even I could see the pain through it. He loved her. He loved her very much and she betrayed him. It's wrong to ask him for help.

"Forgive me," Kaede replied apologetically. I followed after him quietly. I may not have been in a situation such as he has but I'm closer to understanding him than anyone else.
"If you've come to convince me Kagome you can just forget about it," he growled out as I approached.
"I think you need your nose checked because I'm not Kagome." I chuckled as I sat beside him closing my eyes.

"I'm not taking any convincing from you either Mitsuki so save your breath." he waved me off like it was nothing.
"I wouldn't dream of it. As much as I like Kaede it was wrong of her to assume that you would help. The memory is still fresh for you isn't it?" I quietly spoke. He didn't say anything which confirmed my thoughts perfectly.

"You loved her. There's that much I know. I may have not been in a situation such as that but- but I understand the pain you feel. It hurts being betrayed by someone you trust. Especially when they were the only ones you trusted. The only ones you've loved..." without knowing a few tears dropped from my eyes. Quickly wiping them away I sighed.
"Your parents right?"

"Huh?" I questioned the boys question.
"They betrayed you. Kagome told me a little about your life back in your guy's time," he informed. I won't lie I was frustrated that she told him.
"That wasn't her information to tell but...yes. When I was a little girl we were so close until we moved and everyone's judgments of my eyes entered their minds and changed everything. After that, I kept myself away from things such as friends and people altogether. But coming here I'm happy. I fit in and feel like I belong. Plus I made friends with you and Kagome." I nudged his shoulder with a chuckle.

"Weren't you and Kagome friends before you came here?" he asked confused.
"Not really. We were just partners for school but I guess that's my fault for being so scared of others. I kept her at a distance and I feel horrible for it because all she wanted to do was be my friend." I confided in him. It was odd for me to talk somewhat freely but it felt good to have someone listen. Mostly because I knew he understands what it's like to not fit in and belong.
"We are more alike than you know Inuyasha. You aren't alone in this world anymore. You have friends now."