Chapter 17

It's been a couple of days now since I've done my daily routine of taking care of Sesshomaru. We've barely spoken. Most of the time it was just me telling him what to do when I would clean his wound and apply the ointment that I made. Jaken has seemed to find his way back to Sesshomaru while a little girl would visit often. She didn't speak. Would barely eat when I gave her something and every day she had a new cut or bruise.

I've convinced myself that she's just a kid and she plays rough with the other children of the nearby village but my heart didn't feel it was true. My clothes now were a complete mess and I'm sure I looked the same way I felt. Dirty. In a day or 2, Sesshomaru would be completely fine and have no use for me and as for myself, I had no known plan in mind.

I could go back to Inuyasha and Kagome actually that's probably what I will end up doing but something made me not want to. If there was something Sesshomaru was right about, it was the fact that I was often ignored. With Sesshomaru even if we don't speak much he still acknowledges my presence. Looking at the said man from my usual spot against the tree I wondered what he will do.

"Sesshomaru?" I called.
"You impudent wench you shall address Milord accor-"
"Jaken." Sesshomaru cut the Imp off with a harsh glare making him shrink back. His eyes then drifted to mine. Whenever he looks at me it's always so intense as if saying don't waste his time. Actually, I know that's exactly what he was saying.

"Do you happen to know where the shrine of the last Nine-tailed fox resides? There's information that I can learn from such as my abilities and strengths as well as weaknesses." I implored while looking at my lifted hand as if it were magical.
"Somewhere in the east. Towards the mountains," he replied indifferently. I gave a nod and stood up.
"W-where are you going?!" Jaken called out. I looked back over my shoulder with a smile, "back to the place she and now I will call home."

"What about Lord Sesshomaru?! He's not all healed!" he stressed causing me to lightly chuckle. Walking towards the Imp who now stood beside Sesshomaru I knelt down.
"Careful Jaken you're making it seem like you don't want me to go." I patted his head like a dog with a soft smile.
"I- I only care for the well bein-"
"Jaken. Let her go if she pleases." Sesshomaru cut him off again.

"Don't worry Jaken. If you end up missing me just remember I'll pop up again at some point. I have to make sure he stays uninjured since he doesn't know how to properly care for one." I emphasized the he when speaking of the demon man beside me. Standing up and stepping back I bowed to Sesshomaru.

"I have repaid my debt and I feel no guilt. I have no use for being here, therefore, I will be leaving." I fixed myself upright turning on my heel.
"Take care of yourself. I won't help a second time." I warned but I knew it to not be true. He grew on me a bit and I won't deny that. Although I still think he's an ass but his brother is worse.

Shortly after leaving, I ran into the little girl.
"He'll be alright now. Thank you for helping me care for him." I bent down to her level and patted her head she only gave me a smile in response. As I stood up to leave she gave me a look I knew all too well. It's the same look I gave my father when he left. Don't leave me. I barely know her and yet it shattered my heart to see that face. Bending down again I hugged her.
"I'll be around. I'll visit you after I've taken care of some things. I promise." I told her before letting go to stand again. She wiped a tear and gave a smile before running off.
"Such a sweet girl."

I've walked for about an hour now and I've debated finding Kagome and Inuyasha but I wasn't sure if that was the right choice. Would they even go east if I asked them to? I need to find out about myself. "I guess I could give it a shot and ask and if Inuyasha refuses then I'll go alone." I contemplated my plan before setting it as my goal. So that's what I was going to do.