Chapter 16

A/n
Hey old readers I was just going through the old comments deleting ones that would cause spoilers because some of those scenes will happen in the future. I also wanted to say I know many of you loved the dog treat joke I wrote and wanted to let you know that, that scene will be staying! It's too funny not to. Without further or do continue to enjoy 😘

"I just need to find his scent..piece of cake..right?" I stood in the middle of the woods with my hands on my hips rotating ever few seconds to try and catch a scent.
"It shouldn't be so hard since I know it and it's not actually half bad...just dog mixed with forest and weirdly mint. Come on Mitsuki! Focus!" I frustratedly sight. Finally giving up and taking a moment I squatted down and drew random things in the dirt. When we got back I swore I smelt his sent over in this direction why can't I seem to smell it now.

"Am I just trying too hard?" I questioned myself. Standing up I tried again. Relaxing and tilting my head back letting my mind go blank I sniffed the air again. Blood and dog is what came up.
"That has to be him." I determinedly told myself. Following the scent deeper into the woods it got strong and stronger. I began to pick up the slight smell of forest and mint. Most would question if I was smelling right because of course, I would smell a foresty smell. But it's different. It smells like a forest fresh from the rain and it was a beautiful smell.

When the scent reached its peak of strength I looked around a little to see if I could spot him and I did. I remembered his fluffy shoulder thing so I could see it from a mile away if it were to catch my sight. Cautiously I moved around the trees at a far enough distance until his full body came to view. Guilt hit me like an ocean drowning a victim. He looked in pain and it hurt that I was the cause of it because it was never my intention to truly hurt someone.

Without realizing it I stepped forward revealing myself from my hiding place. I jumped back as soon as he shot up with red eyes hissing. Gulping down my fear I slowly stepped forward a few paces. His eyes narrowed further and so I did the only thing I could think of. I knelt down on one knee tilting my head to the floor. From what I've learned from my and Kagome's research paper is that if a demon is a Lord it's best to show respect. I sensed him relax but just slightly.

"Who are you and what do you want?" he growled out.
"Didn't think my new appearance would make me unrecognizable Sesshomaru." I now looked him in the eye and I saw it click in his eyes and he fully relaxed to his normal guarded state.
"Why are you here and not with my sorry excuse of a demon brother?" he coldly spoke.
"To apologize...and to help. I was the reason you took such a big injury I would like to repay my debt and get rid of my guilt." I may have been brutally honest but he deserves such honesty if he's choosing to be so cold.

"I don't need your help. Go back," he demanded. I only smirked as I stood up. His eyes watching my every move.
"Not a chance. I'm helping whether you like it or not. You're not in a position to even fight me on it with my new strength on my side." I cockily replied as I moved over to some bushes where I saw some herbs that could be helpful. Finding Ulmus rubra tree and a Calendula plant I struck gold. Picking a couple of the flowers and taking a few of the leaves I began my work.

Finding a small village nearby I asked for a pot and a clean cloth then went on my merry way. Making my way to a stream I filled the pot with a little bit of water and made my way back to Sesshomaru. I began making a fire and setting it up to where I can put the pot over it when I was ready. Sesshomaru watched my every move from the crushing of the leaves until they turned to powder to watching me add the ingredients into the pot.

"Are you gonna watch my every move? I'm not here to hurt you don't you think? I would've done so already if I was." I commented lightly as I place the pot over the fire letting it heat up until it boils. I got no response other than him looking away. Scooching back against a tree I closed my eyes leaning my head back.

"How did you become a demon?" he finally spoke after a while. I lifted my head realizing the water was boiling so I took it off and dipped the cloth in. Slowly approaching him I moved to touch his arm and he instantly hisses.
"It'll help. Trust me." I uttered softly while meeting his eyes. We stared at one another until he looked away and I took that as an ok. Lifting his Kimono sleeve I winced at the damage. This must've been so painful for him.

I carefully dabbed the cloth on the injury. He didn't even wince so I took that as an ok to fully place it on the wound.
"To answer your question, I turned into this when I almost died back at your father's tomb. After you turned into that giant dog and released all the toxins I fell from the side into the fumes. I've always been a demon. It was just dormant and I guess a true almost death experience caused it to come out. I don't even know what kind of demon I am. Inuyasha thinks a dog but I'm not sure." I explained softly as I held the rag in place.

"Fox," he uttered.
"Huh?"
"You're a fox demon. Nine-tailed fox demon. They only appear after one dies." he informed. So I'm a fox demon? That would explain the ears and tails. Pulling back I sat the cloth in my lap and it seemed like the most interesting thing to look at.
"Do you know anything about my history? I want to know all that I can." I quietly asked.
"Not much. Only that they hold great power one that rivals the sacred jewel," he explained. At the mention of the jewel, I instantly met his eyes in shock.

I rival the jewel? I don't feel that strong. Shaking my bead I stood up informing him that I was going to look for food. Searching the woods for a while thoughts of what he said entered my mind. I rival the jewel? What does this mean for me? Why don't I feel that powerful? Is it something I have to train to gain? All these questions and more swarmed my head making me feel nauseated. Finally finding some edible berries I picked a few taking off my overdress to use the hood to hold them.

By the time I came back, it was sundown and the fire was still going but that's not what caught my eye. A water bottle and a large leaf with a fish and something else on it sat near Sesshomaru.
"Where did these come from?" I quizzed only to get no reply.
"Are you gonna eat it?" I tried again this time successfully getting an answer, "No. I don't eat human food."
"Well, that's a bit odd. What do you eat then?" I was genuinely curious. No response.

After finishing the food and drinking the water I added a little more firewood and laid out my underdress to sleep on. I gave one last glance in Sesshomaru's direction. His eyes were watching the sky paying no mind to me. I lied down and felt sleepover take my body.