Chapter 10

"Be careful there's hair inside of here too," Kagome warned as soon as we transferred to the bottom of the well on the feudal era.
"Uh. So you're saying what Yura is really after is just us? Inuyasha asks for confirmation of Kagome's thinking. We finally climb up the well; technically I was carried.
"Well, duh, I mean, why else if she already has my piece of the sacred jewel?" she sassed. Oh no. Inuyasha doesn't know about the jewel I cringed already feeling the argument.

"Your piece of the- How did that happen?!" he screams out.
"Keep it down will ya my ears are right next to your loud mouth and I'm feeling extra sensitive today," I grumbled.
"I can see a lot of hair in there, but all we need to worry about is the main one. If we follow it-" she began before I cut her off, "it'll lead us to her yeah? Yeah. So which hair is it? And also what in the actual hell is my job?!" I gritted impatiently. I'm tired of being ignored.

"We are gonna find you some knives and you're gonna stay in the shadows and help when you can." Inuyasha finally explained.
"There!" Kagome pointed to what we obviously couldn't see.
"Got it!" Inuyasha confirmed. Following her directions with her on his back and him carrying me we ran through the wilderness.

"A bonfire," Inuyasha mumbled. Indeed there was a bonfire ahead of us. Chills ran up my spine. Something doesn't feel right here.
"Where are their heads?" Kagome asked no one in particular. I wondered the same thing. I knew I felt something off. I can already tell this is the work of Yura. Inuyasha sets us both down walking further into the camp.
"They're guys from the village, or their bodies, anyway," he confirmed the worse. Kaede isn't gonna be happy if she doesn't already know.

"Looks like their tops came clean off." he assessed. I cringed at the thought of feeling my head come clean off. It made me want to vomit.
"Now what's the matter? I better not hear you say you're scared or you want to go home." he taunted. At first, I thought he was speaking to me but only then noticed Kagome picked up a quiver and a bow. Saying she was gonna borrow them.
"But you can't even shoot." I pointed out to which earned me a glare.

"You know you're not gonna hit. Why bother?" Inuyasha repeated me but more aggressively. He walked over to another body and picked up a strap throwing it towards me. I smiled as I ran my fingertips over the polished yet cold metal of the blades. It was comforting. Completely missing out on whatever was said I was picked up out of nowhere. Yelping a little in surprise.
"I'll do it. I really think that I can! They're closer. Lots closer." she warned. Just as she said that the base of the tree snapped in half.

So it began. Inuyasha struggled to take Kagome's instructions on where the hair was and holding onto me. They began arguing again. Soon Inuyasha was jerked away from us. Both Kagome and I skidding into the ground. I groaned from the pain in my ankle. Inuyasha was held in place looking as if he were floating but I knew better. Quickly I stood the best I could and limped into the shadows of the trees behind us. I couldn't hear anything all I could do is watch.

Yura stood arguing with Inuyasha.
"She's too far away for me to hit.." I murmured. Looking around I tried to find a spot closer to her. Smirking as a saw a small bush I could hide behind so I stealthily moved. Finally getting into position I took out a knife and aimed. I watched in horror as she fell only to come up slicing upwards on Inuyasha's chest.
"Dammit, I need to take a shot!" I gritted while gripping my knife harder. Not a moment later Kagome shot an arrow almost actually hitting Yura. I smirked.

"Get him down right now. Next time I won't miss I promise," she warned. Now's my chance. Just as she shot off another arrow. Almost hitting Inuyasha.
"Now.." I whispered. I threw my knife as hard as I could and watched it fly dead silently through the air. As Kagome's arrow hit something releasing skeleton heads. Yura turned to look not seeing my knife coming her way.

I smirked as it stuck itself into her back. But soon the smirk wiped off my face as soon as she got it out and looked my way. Quickly trying to change places I realized it was too late. She yanked her hand back and with it, I came flying forward. Gasping as I stopped in front of her.
"You! With that naughty little mouth! How dare you!" she yelled at me. I made her mad. Good.
"I would do it again in a heartbeat," I smirked.
"Unfortunately you don't have pretty hair like Inuyasha but it's prettier than that other girls," she commented while walking around me touching my hair.

"Get off of me. You're one to talk with that hideous haircut of yours." I sassed which made her scowl.
"I have no use for you right now so why don't you sit and be a good little girl." she gritted as she aggressively threw her arm forward causing me to fly back into a hard surface.
"Ahh," I yelled out in pain. The scene before me kept blurring in and out. Don't fall asleep. Stay awake. Help them... Darkness consumed me.

Coming too I saw Kagome hitting something with an arrow. Whatever was holding me loosened its hold on me. As soon as I landed on the ground I ran towards Kagome.
"Kagome! Moved!" I commanded as I slid into her spot. I pulled out a knife and slammed it into whatever Kagome was hitting. A bright light admitted out of nowhere as Yura disappeared.

"So that was what Yura really was," Inuyasha spoke up when he made his way to us clutching his right shoulder.
"Yura was a comb?" Kagome asked shocked.
"Out of everything we've seen is it that hard to believe?" I asked her quietly.
"The comb used her not Yura using the comb," Inuyasha confirmed.
"Say...Mitsuki how did you run over here so fast? Your ankle?" Kagome changed the subject.

"Huh?" now that she mentioned it I don't feel any pain. It feels as if it never happened.
"And your cuts and bruises are gone too!" she further pointed out. I thought for a moment before speaking, "Kaede told me my demon side lies dormant but whatever is keeping it dormant the jewel weakened it. The first time my eyes changed. Maybe after this second time, it changed me less physically on the outside but on the inside?" I looked to Inuyasha for confirmation and he looked just as lost in thought as I did.

"It's possible. Demons do heal way faster than humans. The reason the healing process could've taken longer than a demon but faster than humans is that you still have your human body." he concluded. I shrugged my shoulders waving the thought off. We can worry about it later. In the mean-
"Ugh," Inuyasha grunted falling onto one knee.
"Inuyasha! That stab wound on your chest. It only happened because I've got your Kimono." Kagome spoke urgently and worried.

"It's no big deal. What happened to the jewel?" he brushed it off. I stood up and began walking away looking up at the stars.
"Come on let's get going!" I called over my shoulder only to see Inuyasha on the floor causing me to slap my palm into my face. Idiots.