Chapter 14

Opening my eyes I could see clearer than ever before. My body pulsed familiarly as it had before but this time, it was different. There was no pain. Only power. Each pulse brought a new overwhelming feeling of power and I welcomed it all. I accepted that this is who I am. I will not be afraid of it anymore. Standing up with the fumes surrounding me I smirked as the last pulse left my body. Looking up I noticed the giant hole to where I can now see the blue sky.

"So you all left me here? How rude. Guess I'll join you all up there." I stretched my hand in front of myself checking my nails as if I had all the time in the world before clutching it into a fist. I lept from wall to all making my way up with incredible speed.
"Yeah yeah, roar roar, to you too buddy." I heard the raspy voice of Inuyasha.
"And I'm just now reaching the top. Guess my hearing is top-notch now too." I smirked as I leaped high into the air from the hole.

"And you thought you killed me? Think again." I muttered as I opened my hand slashing my claws across Sesshomaru's nose causing him to roar in pain. Inuyasha leaped up slashing the now grown sword up Sesshomaru's arm completely cutting it off. I gasped in shock, "Inuyasha! Was that necessary!" I fumed. He of course ignored me continuing with the battle.
"Tch. Whatever be like that." I muttered turning around and sitting against a spike in the armor on the bones of their father.

"M-Mitsuki? Is that you?" I felt my ear twitch towards the sound of the female. After seeing my past life version of me I can take a wild guess on what I look like right now. Turning my head to the voice I see Kagome with tears welled up in her eyes. Standing up I give a small nod in confirmation. She ran towards me engulfing me in a hug that I was nowhere near ready for and I don't think I would be ready to be hugged in the future either. Awkwardly putting my arms around her back I lightly hugged her back until she was ready to pull away.

"I begged Inuyasha to go back for you but Sesshomaru kept getting in the way. We thought you were dead." she wailed her heart out as she pulled away attempting to wipe her tears only for more to fall.
"I thought I was a goner, to be honest, but I guess my demon side decided it wasn't my time." I nervously scratched behind my ear atop my head.
"What kind of demon are you exactly? You look like Inuyasha other than the ears being a little larger and longer and having nine tails," she asked me in a weird tone. This is probably super awkward.

School mate who was bullied for having demon eyes turns demon. Who would've thought?
"I'm not sure. She didn't say." I put my finger to my chin in thought.
"She?" she questioned. That's right she doesn't know about my dreams or anything.
"I'll explain later." I waved her off as I notice an orb zoom off in the distance. The only explanation for what it was is that it's Sesshomaru seeing as his dog demon self is gone. His blood and scent still filled my nose. The scent was nice but the blood not so much.

"Inuyasha!" Kagome ran up to him. He slammed the sword through the armor.
"You good?" I asked standing behind him. He only chuckles, "I take it back. So the sword's not such a piece of junk." he admitted.
"You see? I was right. Of course, if you'd listen to me earlier, you'd never have-" Myoga started before blocking Inuyasha from squishing him.
"Wait over there see? I wasn't running away! I was getting us a ride home. You believe me right?" Myoga finished. Such an odd little guy.

I tuned out what they were saying hopping onto one of the birds getting ready to leave. Looking out to where I saw Sesshomaru disappeared from a feeling of guilt swirled inside me.
"It's my fault..." I uttered.
"Oi! What the hell happened to you!? We thought you were dead!" Inuyasha broke me out of my thoughts that swarmed around his brother.
"About time you noticed me.

I'll explain back at Kaede's for now let's head home. These bones are starting to make me feel dead inside." my eyes widened in horror as he blinked at me.
"Uh? Too soon for that huh.." I nervously rubbed my neck.
"Way too soon," he confirmed. Whoops. I'll apologize later...if I remember. I have a lot on my plate.

Meeting back at Kaede's I sat in her hut. We just got done talking about how Kagome pulled the sword out and so she just left to talk to Inuyasha about how to work the sword. Myoga even explained the history of Tetsusaiga and why Sesshomaru couldn't wield it.
"And ye child. What happened to you?" the old woman inquiries. To be honest I forgot my appearance is different now. I'm different.
"Well...." I began to tell her from start to finish not leaning a single detail left out about how and why my demon form has broken loose.

"Aye. It seems a verge of death situation could've been the key as well as acceptance of who you are and what you were truly born as. You have much to learn and unfortunately, you'll have to do that on your own. Inuyasha seems to know nothing and I haven't the slightest clue." she informed.
"So basically what I already knew." I sighed out bringing my knees to my chest. It was quiet for a little while. Both of us trying to think of a solution.
"Unless ye find where your past life resting area is. Ye past life did mention she was a goddess of some sorts. She must have a special burial site where people know of her history." she finally spoke.

"That's perfect! I find the place and I learn everything! You're a genius Kaede!" I gleefully yet calmly spoke. She gave a hearty chuckle.
"Ye are growing on me Mitsuki," she admitted while poking the fire with a poker. I smiled softly feeling and soaking in the warmth of her words.
"You too Kaede. You too."