Chapter 13

As I fell a blood-curdling scream left my lips until I landed on something. Cracking my eyes open I noticed skeletal bones. Opening my eyes all the way I realized I was on a bird of some sort. Sitting up correctly my eyes narrowed in on where I figured we were going.
"Mitsuki wait up!" Kagome's voice could be faintly heard from behind me. Turning my head I see them a little farther behind me on their own bird. I turned forward again mentally preparing for what I know will be a big battle.

Landing myself inside the mouth of the gigantic skeleton I waited for Inuyasha and Kagome. Going in alone is a death sentence. Not waiting for a second Inuyasha scoops me up with Kagome and we land on one of the lower parts of the bones. Kagome and I clutched to a vine that grew on the side. So the battle begins. Inuyasha launches himself at his brother who only dodges. His brother appeared on the opposite side of where Kagome and I stood.

"Be more respectful. It's our father's tomb." Sesshomaru sassed. like you can talk.
"Look who's talking! You're the one who's robbing his grave! Why not respect him by leaving?!" Inuyasha spoke my exact thoughts. Which was kind of scary. Inuyasha turned around to look at what now just caught my attention. A sword. An old rusty-looking sword. Inuyasha circled the sword.
"Do you mean to say Inuyasha can?" Sesshomaru answered something I didn't hear. I was paying too much attention to the sword.

"What entrusted? What inheritance? For all I care, he can keep the rusty piece of junk! What I do mind is all the other stuff! Good thing you're in a grave because you're going to die!" Inuyasha challenged before fighting again. Never coming close to Sesshomaru.
"I will admit he's really strong and fast..." I uttered seeming to catch his attention for a moment before focusing on Inuyasha again.

"Inuyasha get the dumb sword! Sesshomaru couldn't pull it out, right?" Kagome began speaking. It clicked just then where she was going with this and so I smirked.
"If you can't actually hit him, hit him where it'll hurt more. Hurt his pride!" I finished for her. She nodded at me with a smile. Inuyasha marched up to the sword causing Sesshomaru to break his stoic face and frown. Inuyasha placed his hand on the sword.

"This is going to be more fun than I thought," he spoke smugly. Kagome and I shared hopeful looks.
"Please work," I muttered under my breath. As he began pulling up on the sword causing light to emit from it.
"It's working! Pull harder!" I encouraged.
"Draw it out!" Kagome added. Inuyasha grunted from the strain from pulling. Soon the light dissipated and smoke surrounded the sword but it stayed embedded.

"What?!" Kagome and I said in shock. We all looked in shock
"Yo?" Inuyasha uttered.
"Yes?" Myoga replied.
"I couldn't pull the sword out, could I?" he angrily squished poor Myoga between his fingers.
"Are you done? I am." Sesshomaru butted in. He attacked Inuyasha. He barely dodged and began running only for Sesshomaru to catch up in less than a second gripping his shoulder and slamming him into the wall or rib cage? This is all a very weird place to be battling.

"I don't think you've met my poison claws." Sesshomaru commented as his hand turned a sickly glowing green. Inuyasha barely dodges as the wall behind him began to melt away. I gasp in shock. Impressive but seriously deadly. This isn't looking too good. Inuyasha ran again but to no avail. Sesshomaru now used his whip instead to attack. The imp then tried to intervene so Kagome and I shared a look and nodded. We both jumped down and she landed atop of the imp as I grabbed his staff and hit him upside the head with it before dropping it.

"You coward!" Kagome taunted.
"Oh! Why you!" he grabbed his staff swinging it first at me then at Kagome who caught it.
"You stinking toad!" she insulted.
"You stinking human!" he challenged back.
"This human is going to kick your-"
"I don't think so!" he cut her off. Pinching the bridge of my nose I was already annoyed. He pushed Kagome back making her fall near the podium of the sword.