He Knows

Shoto was tired.

very tired.

it was a long day, still ongoing, and he was already dreaming of his futon and his unnecessorily big mansion he was about to get to in a couple hours.

But shoto was also scared to do so.

his father had called him after second period and something felt off. shoto didnt think he was hurt or that something had happened, no. But the usual desperate needy texts had sunk low and morphed into what seemed a very aggressive and cold tone shoto hoped he wouldn't have to hear again.

incidently, shoto made sure to go over whatever he had done the past week, knowing that it had been a while since he had seen the man per sè. He had been eating healthy, exercising regularly, he followed whatever program that was sent to him and had trained after school once he was done with everything.

so now, shoto was left wondering about the things he had done or said, panic rose up his throat, his fingers playing with the hem of his pants during the lessons, but he still couldnt think of something he might have done to make endeavor yell at him like that first thing in the morning.

he didnt want to go back only to find the old endeavor that talked to him like that or looked at him wrong, he didnt want to see his eyes lit with hatred with a loopy grin that gave shoto something to lose sleep about.

shoto wasnt ready to experience that.

not again.

frustration. He was well aware that endeavor promised and that he hadnt been hit eversince the sports festival, he knew that endeavor wouldnt lay a finger on him ever again. shoto shouldnt have to be scared about the fact that he was going back home. it was unfair.

"todoroki?"

"yes?" he returned his gaze towards a very worrisome red head.

"are you okay?"

"peachy" he replied with a very stern look on his face. he popped the "P" for effect but it seemed like the redhead worried more at that.

"well you're shaking a lot, I dont think its like you"

"well, people change. shocker"

"OI HES JUST TRYING TO HELP PEPPERMINT" Bakugo yelled ignoring the slight flinch he earned as a reaction.

"well this is my formal apology for being frank Bakugo, i dont know what you expect me to say"

"YOU FUCKING THANK HIM THATS WHAT YOU DO"

"dont tell me what to do"

"katsuki come on just let it go, he's okay we can go back to our seats now"

"WHAT DID YOU FUCKING SAY?!" Bakugo yelled back ignoring his boyfriends concerns.

"did I stutter? and kirishima, im fine thank you for worrying but I dont need it. ill see you two after lunch"

"OI IM NOT FUCKING DONE ICYHOT DONT WALK AWAY"

"i cant hear you" shoto says walking away

bakugo doesnt give up, he never does, but that flinch scared him. he made someone flinch and it made his stomach fall into a pit of anguish and self hatred.

bakugo didnt want to make someone flinch.

lunch was pretty silent for shoto. he never talked a lot anyways so people didn't notice how silent he had been throughout the day, and especially the only place where they could talk freely.