shoto and confrontation arent friends

as mitsuki left the office to get to the room shoto was put in, she caught a glimpse of the boy, who sat right up, legs crossed and shoulders slumped. his eyes drooped down and focused on nothing really, his eyebrows relaxed and his usual snarky smile was left in darkness.

he looked sad, his eyes dark, his mouth stuck to the neutral phase, it seemed like everything was nothing to him at this point in time.

but then he saw her, his head slowly turning towards her and his face lighting up as soon as his eyes fell on her.

"oh hey!" he says with a smile on his face "how are you?"

mitsuki's face falls in confusion. she looks at him worriedly as if searching for answers, as if she was looking for the boy that looked lost a few seconds ago, but she doesnt find him. what she sees is a boy full of life, but that wasnt right. "you okay?"

"ah yes, why wouldnt i be?"

"you dont remember?" now it was midnight's turn to ask questions. she was just as flabbergasted as mitsuki was.

"am i supposed to remember something?" he asks with a shrug.

"no" mitsuki counters and smiles "im glad youre awake shoto"

"oh my name sounds nice when you say it"

"sweety how are you feeling" recovery girl says sitting on her chair as she roled towards him.

"refreshed. it was a great nap"

"you slept for seven hours" her eyes drooped in obvious sadness but he xhose to ignore it.

"great nap" he says again. "can i go?"

"i still need to check up your-"

"im fine, you dont need to underestimate your quirk it is indeed powerful"

"i know bu-"

"no, i can tell you firsthand, i am feeling amazing, and i also know midorya and his shenanigans. youve done it again R.G.!" his enthusiasm was clear in his smile and the way he talked and in the way his eyes glimmered. but something wasnt right.

mitsuki had seen the look on his face beforehand. so why was he doing this?

shoto gets up from his bed and starts walking ignoring the occasional naming and gets out of the room. he slumps his head backwards silding against the wall to reach the ground and he sighs.

shoto remembered everything in detail, him not being able to move or wake up being stuck in a sort of torture bubble that refused to pop. he remembers the things he was thinking of and what he dreamt about or saw. he remembers the hands of his teachers gripping at his while chanting his name over and over again.

shoto was tired.

shoto didnt want to talk, about it or about something else. he wanted things to be normal, he wanted someone to not be soft with him, to not make it look like he was a damsel in distress waiting to be saved.

through the years talking had gotten harder and harder. people always told him about being an attention seeker and that whatever he felt wasnt true because he always said what he said for attention. at this point he had a hard time in believing what he felt thinking it was a messed up thing he made himself believe somehow.

everyone around him made it clear that as soon as something left his mouth it meant it was for attention so he akways avoided doing it.

but it hurt.

it hurt so much shoto didnt know how to process it.

"what the fuck?"

"hello to you too bakugo"