thirtyone

FR ft.Kim Minju.

disclaimer: this story is inspired by Korean drama entitled 'Hi, Dracula' (2020).

-

You are a beautiful girl who really cares about everyone. You are a kindergarten teacher and you enjoy your job even though being a kindergarten teacher is not your dream. Actually you don't know what your dream is.

But at home you become a quiet person and rarely talk to your mother, or rather you avoid her. You are a girl who has a different sexual orientation from her. You like your same sex.

.

.

.

.

On this day all the teachers at the kindergarten where you teach tonight all the teachers will have dinner and drink soju together.

You contact your girlfriend via chat but it seems that recently your girlfriend, Minju seems to be indifferent to you.

Minju Unnie

Unnie... let us go on a date this Saturday?

(italic is Minju on the phone)

Since you didn't get a reply from her so you called her. You waited long enough for her to pick up your phone. You go out of the room so you don't make noise when you call.

"Unnie..." You called her.

"What's wrong y/n?"

"We will have a date this Saturday, right?"

"No y/n, we can't. My mom asked me to go on a blind date with someone"

"Is it a boy?"

"Yes"

"Can't you just lie to your mom so you can go with me?"

"No, I said I can't, *sigh* I will turn off the phone"

"Unnie... Am I the only one who feels that I'm the only one trying to contact you?"

"Don't call me again"

"Wait-"

Your phone was cut off because she turned it off. You rushed back into the room where the teachers at your school were having dinner together.

"Y/n-ssi, what's wrong?" Said one of the male teachers who saw you starting to pack things in a hurry.

"I'm sorry sir, I have to go now because there is something very important" You said then bowed a few times.

You walk quickly by and stop a taxi to take you to your girlfriend's house. While on the way to Minju's house you keep looking at your cellphone screen almost all the time because you want to know whether Minju replied to your message or not.

When you arrive you immediately get out from the car and want to enter Minju's house, but you don't. You chatted Minju again but she still doesn't reply to any of your messages.

Because you really wanted to see Minju you called her again. She didn't pick up your phone.

You give up and walk like someone who has no energy at all. You pass through the park to get to your house on foot. But when you pass by that park you accidentally see your mother hugging another man and you hate it.

You try to call your mother to make sure that the woman is really your mother, and sure enough her phone rings. But your mother didn't pick up your phone and continued her conversation with the man.

You looked at them with teary eyes ever since. You froze for a moment then quickened your pace past the figure who was like your mother and a man. When only your back is visible your mother just looked and seemed to recognize you but she thought she was just seeing it wrong.

You sit at the bus stop instead of waiting for the bus or waiting for something else. You just sit and bow your head. The tears that are still stuck in your eyes can't fall and you won't let them down.

There you just cry without silence, cry without anyone knowing. Cry inside without shedding a single tear.

Decided to look at the phone, of course to see Minju's reply and still no reply until now. You stare at your cellphone screen that displays your chat with her until suddenly a number that you recognize as your mother's number calls you. But you don't pick up and let it go until it didn't ringing.

"I must go home now" You mumbled and walked towards your house. You don't want to be late for teaching tomorrow.

When you are at home you drink a glass of water and see your mother who has come home and is now back sitting in front of the computer and a mountain of paper. Your mother is a film writer.

Your mother noticed your coming home and stood up towards you.

"Why don't you pick up my phone?"

"Hmm? Did mom call me earlier?" You ask your mother as if you don't know your mother is calling. But as a mother of course she knows that you are lying.

"What's wrong with you? Why have you been so cold to me since I divorced your father? Where is my daughter who is cheerful and always smiling?"

"I don't know, I'm going to my room" You said.

You walk into your room and close the door. While your mother just sighed because she was confused why you were always like this to her. Your mother doesn't know that she has wronged you, your change in attitude makes her feel very confused.

You who are in the room are sitting on the chair at the study table in your room. There are some items and photo frames containing your photo with your lover. Minju and you.

You take the photo and stare at it for a while, you put it back where it belongs. You took the bottle containing the pills that you took some.

Forgot to bring your drinking water out of the room with that pills on your hand trying to hide it. After you came out of the room you immediately took the pills at once and your mother of course saw what you were doing.

Before asking you had already entered your room and locked it. Your mother just sighed because she was confused and didn't know what happened to you.

-

part 2 coming soon.