Chapter 9 [𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍]

A/N: I realized a few mistakes here with the date cuz i just remebered of the fight against Toman and Valhalla so I'm changing the date and year here in this chapter.

It was going too fast for Takemichi as he watched as the truck collided at the back of the car that Hina was in. As gotten near he saw, his very friend that was just in salon hours ago in the driver seat of the truck.

Quickly, he went in to help Hina as he hugged her in his arms. When the girl admitted that her feelings towards the boy, that she still love, misses him, she broke down in tears then pushed him out of the car and the explosion came in. Cries and screams came out of Takemichi's lungs as he swore to himself that he will save them no matter hoe many times he had to time leap.

At the funeral of Hinata Tachibana, the boy was in heavy tears infront of her tombstone, Naoto, the girl's little brother beside the boy.

Then Ryouka, Hinata's and Naoto's mom came and gave Takemichi the four leaf clover that the boy gave back in Junior High. The mother told him how precious valuable it was to towards her daughter even though the two broke up.

Just when the funeral was set done, everyone left but Rakemichi and Naoto. The 27 year old stared at the picture of his girlfriend infront as he swore to her and the others. But just when he and Naoto were about to leave the cemetary, the two passed by 5 figures. They seem so familiar Takemichi but that he can't put a finger to it.

And that's when he noticed two butterfly pins on one of the girls, that was pinned to her head. The boy stopped in his track, confusing Naoto in the progress. He looked back to see the five figure still walking flowers in their hands as they talked to one another.

Takemichi then grabbed Naoto by his wrist as he follwed the give figures in silence, whilst dragging Naoto with him.

"Oi, Takemichi! Why are we following them?!" Naoto whispered to the older male. Takemichi shushed the boy, placing a finger towards Naoto's lips, but then removing it away as the policeman almost bit his finger off.

Just then the five figure stopped walking and looked towards two gravestones and the girl with the two familiar butterfly pin sat down, along with the girl with blue eyes beside her. The two female placed the flowers that they had in their hands towards the two stones.

Takemichi took this chance to hide nearby the area and eavesdrop to what they are saying. Of course, the boy knew how bad it is to eavedrop on a conversation, ecspacially when they are talking to their dead love ones.

"Shinobu-nee.. (Y/n)-nee, konnichiwa." Said the girl with blue eyes.

Takemichi's eyes grew wide at the names that were said and so did Naoto's.

"It's been about twelve years after the war, so we decided to come in and visit." Said the male with hanafuda earrings

"We hope you're resting well along with the others. You were so brave to also spent your time with the gang that you helped!" Exclaimed the girl with a pink ribbon tied to her hair.

'(Y/n)-san joined in a gang?! War?! What does that mean?!'

Takemichi wanted to asked so much questions to the 5 figures but he doesn't want to be pointed out as someone who is a busy body. Like; What happened to (Y/n) and her sister? What war started to make them lose their lives? How did the war even started? And what does the girl meant by others?!

Minutes passed and soon it was dawn. Takemichi stared as the five figures then walked away, bidding their goodbyes and left. Once they were out of sight, Takemichi ran towards the two gravestones and his eyes widened at the names.

Kocho (Y/n)
24 Feb. xxxx - 25. Jan 2006
Cause of Death: Sacrifice

Kocho Shinobu
24 Feb. xxxx - 25. Jan 2006
Cause of Death: Sacrifice

The male's eyes widened as he read the aritifact scrapped on the stone infront of him.

"H-How did this happened?! H-How?! When?!"

They boy asked, he began to ball out his tears as he let out yet again another scream.

After crying and weeping, the two went back to Naoto's place and tried to investigate more on the process that had happened. The next day, Naoto brang Takemichi to the celler to meet a specific someone. There sat on the other side of the glass, was Ryuguuji Ken, or Draken himself.

Takemichi asked multiple questions to what had happened and the male answered in such a monotone voice. Getting atleast any informations of a war.

"That reminds me... how's (Y/n) doing? She left at 25 January 2006 and didn't come back. Have you seem her?" Draken asked the male, looking up at Takemichi, whos eyes widened in shock.

"I... I thought she died during the war.."

"(Y/n) didn't die during the war when Toman was up against Valhalla. Heck she saved Baji live, but Kazutora was sent to jail. Why would Toman's medic join in such a rebelious fight?"

"M-Medic...?"

"You don't remember? Or maybe your memories are just now hazy for you--"

"(Y/n)-san and her sister both died..." Takemichi spoke, shaking in his sit. Remebering what he read at the tombstone that he had read.

"What? Stop playing games with me, Takemitchy! It's not funny.." But there was no joke or lie in the boy's eyes, Draken then soom broke tmdown in tears in his sit.

"..So that explains why she didn't come back.. no more news about those demons lurking and not atleast a dead body anywhere that ws eaten.. and that explains why new year there was no wes planted wisteria flowers around..." Takemichi noticed the diffenrence when he and Naoto left the cemetary at night, the boy was so aware that a demon might jumped at him or atleast Naoto.

It was if these man-eating demons existed.

Soon the time for Draken was over as he walked back to his cell, as Takemichi walked out with Naoto beside him.

"That explains why there are no more news of found eaten bodies... The war against humans and demons was iver at that time..." He muttered.

"Naoto... can you make a search of Kamado Tanjiro and Kanao Tsuyuri for me?" Naoto irked a brow and just nodded his head slowly.

"But remember Takemichi, if you're able to change the past, for whatever happened there that had made this mess, you'll be able to change the future along with it."

And both of their hands then shaked with one another.