And The Winner Is...

Have I edited this chapter? No. I just want some comments to read when I arrive in Germany so guess I'm posting this while boarding the plane❤️ well anyways enjoy this chapter

Madison's POV

"Honey, your dad is on a trip and I don't know when he'll be back," my mom was saying and I groaned.

"Why are you still with him?" I asked.

As usual, she didn't answer the question. I rolled my eyes and left the house. It was a pretty typical day. I had to go to work and then to one of the few classes I had that wasn't online. I was sitting in the library waiting for the time to pass when one of the boys in my psychology class came over to talk to me. "Noah!" One of his friends called.

He ignored them and gave me a concerned look. We'd known each other since high school but we got distant as we began adjusting to college life. "And your dad?"

"His usual self," I told him and he sighed.

"I have to go. Just call me if anything like that happens again," he told me.

I agreed and went back to studying for the test I had soon. My phone buzzed and I glanced at it. Why was I getting an email from sessions? I texted my friend about it and she said to wait til she could read it with me.

It was the end of classes and I was eager to get home and read my email from sessions. I'd told myself to be patient about this. My best friend Jasmine joined me in the car and gave me an exasperated look. "I need this weekend."

I was about to respond when my phone rang. It was my twin sister Chloe. I put it on speaker. "Hi! What's going on?"

I heard the sound of glass breaking and got more alert. "Where are you Chlo?" I asked.

I could hear that she was crying and it broke my heart. She'd always been the skittish one and I had always promised to protect her. "I'm at home," she stuttered. "Dad's home."

Jasmine looked up from her phone. "I'm coming to pick you up. Pack a change of clothes."

"Okay," Chloe whispered and I heard her running up the stairs. "I'm scared guys."

It was rare that she was home without me when dad had been drinking. "Hang in there," I told her as I started the car.

"Ask your mom to get herself some clothes. You know how he gets with her," Jasmine said and I whispered a small thank you to her.

When we got to my house Chloe and my mom brought their bags to my car. I helped them put the stuff in the back and we headed to Jasmine's house. While my mom talked with Jasmine's parents, the three of us went upstairs to open that email at last. It seemed to distract Chloe from what was upsetting her.

Hey Madison,

CONGRATULATIONS! As a member of the 927 club, you have been randomly selected to win A Day With Why Don't We. You will be receiving more details soon!

"Oh my God! You're so lucky! I can't believe you won!" Jasmine gasped as she hugged me. "You don't even have to take a flight. We can drive there."

"If we're already in LA will they pick you up?" Chloe asked.

"We'll see," I said happily. "I still can't believe it."

The officer raised an eyebrow at me. "So you really did just see them as celebrities you were going to meet?" he asked and I nodded.

"At first yes, but this went on for quite some time. Just let me tell you how it started first."