First Date

I got a great idea and now have to change about 10 chapters so I won't be posting for a bit. So here's this one since it's the one that doesn't need to be changed for this. See you all when I've gotten this all fixed🧡 Also I promise the pace will be faster soon!

Madison's POV

Jasmine had for whatever reason told Noah about the recent incident with my dad because he wouldn't leave me alone. He was like a lost puppy and it was getting a little irritating. "Fine," he was saying as I drove him to work. "Our friendship doesn't have to be as close as it used to be, but please let me in just a little."

I nodded and parked in front of the Starbucks. I shrugged and unlocked the doors. "Sure. Just don't leave me the way you did last time."

Noah grinned as he got out of the car. "Great, I'll see you later then."

I was about to leave when I spotted Jonah's car pulling in. He noticed me and parked beside me. "Hey."

I smiled at him. "How are you today?"

"Pretty good. Just going to satisfy my coffee addiction before starting the day," Jonah told me as he looked down at me.

"Sounds like fun," I said and started to get in my car when he stopped me.

"Want to join? My treat," he said.

I thought about the offer. "I really have to go to work, but I can get a drink to go. It was your treat last time. How about my treat?"

He agreed and we went into the building. Noah saw me and I waved as Jonah led me to the counter. After we ordered, Jonah and I just stood there talking until Noah approached us. "Is this the guy you were telling me about?" 

Jonah raised an eyebrow at me and I laughed. "One of them. He has four other friends too." 

Noah ended up having to go a few minutes later to start serving customers and I got my drink and had to leave for my own job. Jonah hugged me and I ran to the car, praying I wasn't going to be late. 

"Good afternoon, what can I do for you today?" I asked as I approached a table later that day.

I took their order and went to the back to give it to the chef. A waitress walked over to me with a big grin on her face. "Girl you would not believe who just walked in."

"Who?" I asked as I took a plate from the counter.

"Our favorite band," she said excitedly.

"Do you want to handle them?" I asked.

She was new here just like me. I knew they came here a lot because Corbyn had told me he liked it. "I'd be too nervous."

"I'll introduce you. Let me just serve this first," I said and went out. "Hi boys, I'll be with you in a second."

I went to one of the tables and gave them their food. I went back over with the other waitress. "Guys, this is Ariana."

The boys smiled and waved at Ariana. She greeted them before leaving to serve a table she'd forgotten about. Corbyn gave me a sly grin as he put a hand on my waist. "Hey, beautiful."

I blushed and looked behind me to see Ariana wide-eyed. I hadn't told her I was kind of seeing Corbyn. After making sure my boss wasn't around I frowned. "You're going to get me fired. I'm at work."

"Can't I compliment a waitress?" Corbyn asked and I ruffled his hair.

"What can I get you?" I asked.

"A room," Jack said, and we all laughed except for Zach who seemed irritated with me for some reason. 

"Seriously," I sighed as my manager appeared. "That's my manager."

Corbyn grinned at me before looking at his menu. Daniel gave me his order and I quickly wrote it down. I finished up with Jack and Zach before looking expectantly at Jonah and Corbyn. "Would you recommend this?" Corbyn asked pointing at one of the many burgers we offered.

"Highly," I said.

"Then that and a coke," he told me and I took his menu. "Jonah?"

"Same as Jack," he said as he winked at me.

I served the boys and went back to talk with Ariana who insisted to know how the relationship had started. I noticed the boys were done eating and went to them. "Is it on the house," Corbyn pouted.

"Here's the bill sweetheart," I said and walked away.

When I came back Jonah put a twenty in my hand. "A tip for you, gorgeous."

I noticed Corbyn was glaring at him as I put the money in my pocket. The others left the table and Corbyn smiled. "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a proper date."

"Where would we go?" I asked as he put his hands on my hips.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," Corbyn whispered and I gave him a tiny smile.

"Fine then. Just tell me when," I told him and picked up the bill. "Now get out of here before I get in trouble."

He started to walk out before turning around. "What time to you get off work?"

"Two," I replied and hurried to take another order.

As I got to the end of my shift, Chloe asked me for a ride. We headed out just as Corbyn's car pulled into the parking lot. "Maddie, I want to show you something."

"I was giving my sister a ride home," I said.

Chloe took my keys and smiled. "Go have fun. And get me Jack's number."

I laughed as I got in Corbyn's car. "I'll try."

Corbyn gently kissed my cheek as he turned on the car. "So is this an official thing? Or not?"

Corbyn was quiet for a few moments before looking at me. "Do you want it to be?" He asked.

I would love to date him. He'd been my idol since the band started. I didn't want to rush anything though. "I'd have to think about it," I replied and he nodded.

"Take your time," he told me as he parked. "Let's go."

Corbyn led me to the beach and I was getting a little confused. He seemed to notice and smiled slightly as we kept walking. We walked around a corner and my eyes widened. "Isn't this gazebo abandoned?"

"The boys and I fixed it up a few months ago. It's a place to take our girlfriends or in this case my date," Corbyn replied.

I took a seat and he joined me with a picnic basket and cooler. He got a bottle of wine out of the cooler and set it between us. "Okay," he said as he opened the picnic basket. "Your sister told me a few of your favorite foods so that's what I have here for you."

"She made it seem like she hadn't talked to you guys," I said.

Corbyn smiled as he gave me a portion of the salad he'd made. "Just me. Cause she wanted to help out," he replied. "Burrito?"

I accepted it and he took his own. "This is so good."

As we sat there I was realizing that I really did like him. His expression changed when a blue sedan parked near us. He put an arm around me but it felt more protective than affectionate. "Something wrong?" I asked as I stood up.

He shook his head but I knew he was lying. I decided to explore our surrounding. "Stay where I can see you."

"You sound like my dad," I said.

I wanted to laugh but his expression was serious and I wasn't going to upset him. "Okay. I'll admire the view from right there."

He nodded and continued packing up. "Thanks."