Confessions

I'm just posting as I get these chapters done so I can get this one done by the end of the month 🧡

Madison's POV

The person punched me one last time before disappearing down the hall. I stumbled into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. How was I going to hide this from Jonah and Corbyn? Had Corbyn really killed my brother? I kept my head low as I walked back out to the living room. I spotted Zach and Jonah laughing at something Jack was saying. Corbyn was with Daniel but stopped when he saw me. He ran over to me. "Let's go outside."

I nodded shakily as he took my arm and led me out the door. We went to his car and he sighed. "Are you hurt?"

I shook my head. That was a mistake. A wave of dizziness hit me and I felt everything starting to fade. "Whoah, stay with me," Corbyn said worriedly.

I must've started to fall because he was holding me with both hands. I felt him gently lift my chin and he let out a small gasp. "Who hurt you?"

I didn't reply as he helped me into the car. "Please tell me," he begged and I gave him a low groan as a response.

"Was it Martin? Jonah said he was talking to your earlier," Corbyn asked, realizing I wasn't in the best condition to answer too many questions.

"No?" I said but it sounded more like a question.

"What did they look like?"  Corbyn asked.

"Tall, with dark hair," I moaned.

"Everything okay?" Jonah's voice sounded as he got closer. "I have Maddie's purse. It was on the bathroom floor."

Corbyn looked at me before turning back to wherever Jonah was. "Can you take her home? I have someone to deal with."

The door closed and I heard Jonah get in the driver's seat. He turned and looked at me. "They fucked with the wrong person. Don't worry. Corbyn will take care of this."

I winced. If Corbyn took care of this that meant the person who attacked me was about to be killed. That was the last thing I remembered before the world went black.

When I woke up, I realized I was in Corbyn's clothes. His favorite hoodie and sweatpants. Had Jonah gotten me changed? I felt my cheeks turn red at the thought. I felt the back of my neck. He'd also done an excellent job with the bandages. My lip was still swollen and tasted like blood. My neck was also sore. I got up and went downstairs. The door slammed shut and I heard Corbyn yelling. Jonah joined me in the hallway. "I got you into some different clothes. I hope that's okay."

"I appreciate it," I replied, and I meant it.

We went downstairs and my eyes widened. Zach's whole face was bruised and bleeding. Corbyn's knuckles were red, showing he'd clearly attacked him. He pulled Zach's hair, which forced Zach to look at me. "Apologize and tell her the truth or I'll kill you."

Zach rolled his eyes. "I'm so sorry," he laughed and Corbyn slammed his head into the wall.

"Tell her the fucking truth!" he yelled and I flinched.

"Your brother got what he deserved. That bastard got himself involved with people that set him up. We did a job. That's all," He growled and Jonah punched him.

"Tell her who actually killed him," Jonah snapped.

Zach had his head lowered, clearly not wanting to get punched again. "Corbyn was there but he didn't kill him. It was me who shot Jacob."

Corbyn threw him to the ground and approached me. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he examined my face.

I was about to respond when Zach stood up and glared at me. "Watch your back."

What did he have against me? Corbyn grabbed Zach and got him in a chokehold. "When are you going to learn to fuck off?" he hissed.

"Wait!" I yelled. I couldn't watch this anymore. "Zach didn't do anything. He's been protecting me. Not in the best way but it wasn't him who attacked me." 

Corbyn let go of Zach as he looked at me. "What?" 

"You're not the only one with secrets," Zach snapped. "You really think your girlfriend is innocent?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" Corbyn growled.

Zach smiled at me. "Go ahead. Tell them."

I lowered my head and anxiously played with the necklace Corbyn had given me earlier this evening. I heard Zach laugh as Jonah took him upstairs to get cleaned up. Corbyn walked over to me. "Tell me what?"

"Well... it wasn't actually me who did it, but I do know something that you guys don't," I mumbled.

"You can tell me," Corbyn said gently.

"My brother told me about what he did, just not with who. My dad must've figured out it was you because he paid someone, I'm not sure who, to calculate your every move," I finally admitted.

"There's something else you're hiding," Corbyn said calmly and I looked up at him.

" He is giving all that information to Martin," I muttered. "I should've told you earlier."

Corbyn seemed slightly disappointed but understanding. "Can you tell me what a solution is?"

I thought for a second. "I don't know... they are after Eben too."

"So you're telling me that Zach killed your brother so your dad went to a mafia leader to get revenge on all of them?" The officer asked.

I nodded. "Yes sir, except for my dad was also in the mafia at the time."

"Did Mr. Besson murder Mr. Benjamin or not?" The officer sighed.

I shook my head. "No, he was framed for that because of their close relationship."

"Explain," the officer told me.

Here we go again.