Suspicious

No One's POV

Jack appeared in the doorway first, and his heart sank. He backed into the wall as he watched Madison try to wake Chloe up. Corbyn came around the corner and his eyes widened. "No. She didn't..."

Corbyn glanced at Jack, who was shaking as tears formed in his eyes. He didn't seem to know what to do. "She has to wake up. Corbyn, help me wake her up," Madison sobbed.

Corbyn knelt down and checked for a pulse. After a few seconds, he shook his head. "I'm so sorry," he whispered as Madison curled up in his arms. "I'm sorry, baby."

"Did you find her? Is she here?" Daniel's voice called as he came upstairs. "Oh my God."

Corbyn shook his head as he held Madison. Daniel turned to Jack who had his head in his hands. "Jack. I'm sorry," he sighed as he hugged him.

"First Ben, now Chloe. What is going on?" Jonah asked as he ran a hand through Madison's hair.

"I intend to find out," Zach muttered.

"Get Jack and Maddie out of here. They shouldn't be around right now," Daniel sighed and Corbyn nodded. 

"Come on Madison," he sighed as he pulled her to her feet. 

"I'm not leaving her," Madison stuttered as Corbyn tried to lead her out of the room. "I promised to protect her." 

Corbyn got a tight grip on her waist and managed to get her out of the room as Jack and Jonah followed. Jack went to the studio as Corbyn laid Madison on the couch. "Jo, can you take care of her? I'm gonna check on Jack." 

Jonah nodded and sat beside Madison. He hated seeing her so broken. He ran a hand through her hair as she curled up next to him. 

Corbyn's POV

I went into the studio to see Jack pacing as he tried to keep from crying. "Jack..." 

"I'm fine," he muttered, but I could hear the shakiness in his voice. 

"No you're not," I said calmly. 

"I said I'm fine," Jack snapped, his voice wavered more with each word. 

"What's on your mind?" I asked. 

Jack turned to me and my heart broke for him. I'd never seen him so broken. "I promised myself not to fall in love. I knew the risks. Then I met her and I tried to avoid her, but I couldn't. It was just something about her. She was perfect. I broke that promise to myself and now she's dead." 

"A little suspicious don't you think?" I heard Zach yelling and turned towards the door.

"Continue," I told Jack and he shrugged.

Tears ran Jack's face as he looked at me. "She was going to tell me something. What if I'd just waited for her. She even asked if she could tell me and I told her we had to go? Corbyn, what if this is my fault?"

I shook my head. "It's not. Jack, it is absolutely not your fault. Please don't blame yourself."

"You just happen to know where Benjamin is?" Zach screamed and I rolled my eyes.

I turned to Jack. "I'm so sorry. I just need to see what Zach's so pissed about," I groaned and Jack nodded.

"I'll be fine," he muttered. "I just need to get out of here."

Jack picked up his gun and started to head out the door but I grabbed his arm. "Not with that gun."

"Why not?" Jack asked.

"Why do you need it?" I questioned, and he lowered his eyes.

"Now, you can go without the gun," I told him as we headed to the living room.

As we entered the kitchen I saw Madison and Zach standing face to face. This couldn't be good. Zach seemed extremely agitated and I couldn't think of a good reason why, other than Chloe's death, but he wasn't close with her. "You expect any of us to believe that you just happened to know where Benjamin would be?" 

"Have you ever considered the fact that she found out by accident?" Jonah snapped and Zach shot him a look before turning back to Madison. "

"That's quite the accusation for the person who lied about murdering my brother!" Madison yelled back. "If you didn't have alibis I would think you'd killed Chloe too. You've always had it out for us." 

"You're going to break his heart if you keep up this act!" Zach snarled, clearly not noticing that the rest of us had entered the room. 

"What act?" Madison asked coldly. 

Her change of tone gave me chills. Something about her had changed and it scared me. "What has you hating me so much Z? Why target me? Is it power you want? Money? What are you so fixated on?" 

"What happened?" I mouthed to Jonah who shrugged. 

"You manipulative little bitch," Zach snapped, lunging at Madison. 

I quickly got between them and pushed Zach backward. "What the hell is wrong with you? She just lost her sister. This is absolutely not the time." 

I'd never seen anger in Zach's eyes like I was seeing right now. It genuinely scared me. I kept Madison in my arms just in case he tried to attack again. Zach put his hands up and backed away. "Take her side, but when one of you ends up fucking dead, you're going to regret listening to her." 

"That's enough!" Jonah yelled and Zach glared at him. 

"Fuck you," he mumbled and stormed out of the house. 

Madison was in my arms sobbing and I looked sadly at Jonah. What had caused Zach to fight with her at this time specifically? "Did you call the police?" Jonah asked Daniel. 

"Yeah. They're on the way," he sighed as he looked at Madison. "What are we going to do?" 

I shrugged. "Not important right now."