Canceled

Just catching up with the dates. I think I'll be posting daily for now ❤

Madison's POV

I couldn't get rid of the feeling that Corbyn was hiding something from me but I didn't really care at this point. I wanted to believe that he would keep his promise to me. Noah was next to me studying for his Chemistry class while I was in an online class when I got a notification saying that the boys were live on Instagram. I turned off my camera and opened the notification. Damn, Corbyn looked hot today. "Wait... so which one is your mans?"

"Corbyn," I said and pointed at him on the screen.

"Hey guys," Daniel said as comments came in talking about them finally being live and asking about the tour dates.

"We have an important and sad announcement," Corbyn said as he raised a white claw can.

He looked at Zach who put away his phone and sat in front of the screen. Comments were flooding in asking what had happened. "I know that we said we were starting tours soon and even released tour dates and sold tickets, but unfortunately several things came up."

"As a dad, I really want to be able to visit my daughter so I don't want to deal with all the complications," Jack said quietly.

I was stunned. They were canceling tours? I wasn't expecting that. Another notification came in. It was from the boy's main email saying they were preparing to send refunds to everyone who had bought tickets early.

Comments came flooding in of people upset but being understanding. Jonah came forward so we could see him better. "It was a really hard decision for all of us to make but I think in the end it was a good call. The rest of us have families that we want to keep safe."

"We'll be sending you refunds if you paid for your tickets early. To make up for this, we'll be doing a live concert on YouTube. We'll have the dates ready for you soon," Daniel said.

Well, that was unexpected. Jasmine and Chloe ran into my room looking equally as surprised. "Jasmine, shouldn't you know about this?"

"They don't run things by me anymore," Jasmine replied. "I've been meaning to talk to Daniel about that, but never got the chance."

Corbyn's POV

I was sitting behind the bush with Daniel as we observed the money trucks that were being followed closely by a police car. I spotted Zach and Jack standing guard in the treeline. They were talking about something. I didn't really care. It wasn't like anything was happening right now. There was a movement closer to the road and I focused on it. What was going on? A gunshot rang out and I looked at Daniel. "Get Jonah and go closer. I need to know exactly what those trucks say."

"You sure about this?" Daniel asked and I nodded. "What if they spot us?"

"Keep to the tree line. Quickly. Before the trucks are gone," I told him.

"Yes sir," Daniel said and left.

I moved from where I was and quickly made my way to Jack and Zach. They were on full alert as they looked for who could've fired that gun. Zach looked at me, clearly confused. "Surely no one is stupid enough to actually attack them with a police escort," he whispered.

I shrugged. "I wouldn't think so. These people are unpredictable."

Jack looked like he was about to say something when we heard the sound of sirens and more gunshots rang out. Daniel and Jonah came running towards us. "We have to get out of here."

"What happened?" Jack asked.

"They realized people are after them. The police are going to coming," Daniel said. "The trucks are for his company by the way."

"What?" I asked.

"Talk about this later," Jonah stuttered as more gunshots rang out.

We took off running, trying our best to stay along the treeline. The only way to get to our car was to go back towards the police and there was no way I was risking their lives for it. I could hear voices behind us and looked to make sure everyone was there. It wasn't long before none of us knew where we were. "Did we lose them?" Daniel choked out as he looked over his shoulder.

Zach was doubled over trying to catch his breath, while Jack paced nervously, trying to make sure there was no one sneaking up on us. Jonah and I took in our surroundings and I realized we were closer to the beach. There were more palm trees further ahead. When I looked to our left there were lights. We were closer to Madison's area. "LAPD!" I heard a man yell in the distance.

"Start moving," I told the boys and we took off towards the lights.

We made our way out of the woods and found ourselves in Madison's neighborhood. We went up to her house and I knocked on her door. She appeared at the door looking exhausted. I felt bad for waking her up. "Maddie... can we have a ride home?" I asked sheepishly.

"It's two in the morning. Why are you here?" she yawned.

"Can we not do this tonight," I moaned and she nodded.

When she dropped us at the house she pulled me aside. "You owe me some kind of explanation in the morning."

"It's really a complicated..." my voice trailed off when I saw Evans walk towards us.

"Get inside Mads," I grumbled and she did what I said. When she was the door closed I turned to Evans. "It's too early for this. Go home."

"She's told me a lot," Evans told me.

"What did she say?" I stuttered.

Evans put a hand around my neck. "You do what I tell you or I turn you in. This is your last chance."

I knew what he was talking about and groaned. I should've been more careful.