More Answers

TRIGGER WARNING. DISCUSSION ON SUICIDE

Madison's POV

A few days had passed and things were tense. I had reluctantly agreed to move back in after Corbyn begged. He didn't think I was stable enough to live alone after losing Chloe. Jasmine had been acting friendlier than usual, and it was making me avoid her. We were all in the living room doing our own things when Corbyn's phone rang. He put down his guitar and stepped into the kitchen. "Hello? They what? That can't be right. Check again. You don't understand. That's not true."

I looked at Jonah who shrugged. Corbyn had started pacing the doorway as he continued with the phone call. It seemed to be getting heated. Whatever news he was getting, he wasn't going to accept it. He eventually hung up and went to the counter. Jonah started to get up but I stopped him. "I'll handle it."

Jonah nodded and I went into the kitchen. Corbyn was leaning against the counter with his head in his hands. I put a hand on his back. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he muttered.

"Corbyn... you act like I don't know when something's wrong," I sighed.

Corbyn looked at me before nodding. "Call Jack into the studio. We'll talk about it in there."

I eyed him suspiciously before going back to the living room. "Jack, can we talk to you?"

Jack nodded and followed me into the studio. "Is something wrong? Why are you two acting so suspicious?"

Corbyn didn't seem to want to look at us as he paced the room, his phone still in his hand. "Chloe's autopsy report."

"What about it?" Jack asked.

"Guys... Chloe's death was ruled a suicide," he muttered.

I didn't know how to react. Chloe wouldn't have killed herself. "They made a mistake. Chloe was fine," I stuttered. "We'll not fine... but not suicidal."

"That's what I told them," Corbyn sighed. "They said the bullet wound was consistent with their report and there were no defensive wounds."

I noticed that Jack was shaking. Corbyn attempted to hug him, but Jack pushed him away. "Don't... Just leave me alone for a bit."

"Maddie?" I heard Corbyn's voice but it sounded far away. "Madison."

I wanted to zone back in but I couldn't. "Say something," Corbyn was begging.

I wanted to answer, but it felt impossible. I felt myself starting to back out of the room. I wanted to leave. I didn't know where I was going. I had almost made it to the door when someone stepped in front of me. It was Eben. "Interesting," he said, as I finally got my focus back.

"What?" I stuttered as Corbyn walked over, looking confused.

"Ben dies, and your sister kills herself weeks later? Don't you find that suspicious?" Eben asked as I backed into Corbyn, who put an arm around me.

"You're aware that Benjamin's death hasn't been reported. Until it is, we don't know who did it or how," Corbyn said.

I pushed Corbyn away and ran out the door, ignoring his calls for me. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew I couldn't be here. I found myself at the gazebo. I don't know how I got there, but I didn't mind. I stayed there watching the waves as I tried to pull myself together. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned, to see Jonah in front of me. "What are you doing here?" I asked, feeling my breathing pick up. "You can't be here. Jonah, you can't be here."

"Why?" Jonah asked. "You clearly need someone."

I looked past Jonah's shoulder and could've sworn I saw Alexia disappear behind a bush. "Jonah..."

"What are you so scared of?" Jonah asked worriedly.

Corbyn's POV

I was in the kitchen cleaning up some of the broken glass from the argument between Madison and Zach when Jasmine walked in. "Hey, Jas. Can I help you?"

She shrugged as she knelt down to help me with the glass. I was about to respond when Alexia burst into the room, dragging a guy in by his shirt collar. She took him to the dining room table before turning towards me. "Studio. Now."

"Yes ma'am," I stuttered, quickly following after her.

I closed the door behind us and crossed my arms. "You can't just barge in here. Daniel would probably kill you if he knew."

"Not important right now Besson. I got him lurking around the house. I think he was trying to find a way in," Alexia replied.

"Maddie's sister was cheating on Jack with him. He was probably trying to find her. He doesn't know she's dead..." I sighed, realizing he was one of the people we'd forgotten to tell.

"Do you know who he is?" Alexia asked, and I saw concern in her eyes.

"Someone Madison turned down when he asked her out?" I asked. "He did look familiar but I couldn't place him."

"Were you at least suspicious of him?" Alexia asked and I nodded.

I had never trusted that guy and not just because of Jack. I'd always made sure he didn't come to our house. "Yeah. He was always a little off. He was always in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Alexia's expression softened as she looked at me. "I'm sorry if I'm making it seem like it's your fault. It's not. As you know, I left the gangs for this reason. We don't know who will turn on us. That's what Noah is doing."

"Wait... what are you saying?" I asked. "What's Noah doing?"

"He's Martin's nephew. He moved in with Martin five years ago as a teen because his parents died," Alexia said. "He's playing all of you. He knows Chloe's dead. He was there."

Madison's POV (again)

It wasn't until now, that I realized how much I hated Zach. Talking to Jonah had helped me put things into perspective. I pulled up in front of the fancy house and got out of the car. Martin's car pulled up behind me and he got out. "Hi, darling. What are you up to?"

I ignored him and proceeded to go inside. I went into the office and felt my heart sink. Was I really about to do this? My dad sat at the desk, looking at me expectantly. It wasn't until now that I realized I wasn't breathing. "Daddy, I have to tell you something."