Diamonds and Heartbreak

Corbyn's POV

It had been about two days and we were still searching Ben. Zach and Jonah had been out everyday searching but there had been no leads. I walked into the house and Eben looked up from his phone. "Did you find him?"

I shook my head. "Not yet. We will find him," I assured him.

"Alive?" Eben asked, looking up at Madison who I hadn't even noticed was there.

Madison gave me a sad look before turning to Eben. "We'll find him."

"How?" Eben asked anxiously.

Madison bit her lip as she tried to think of what to do. "Martin or someone could be guarding him wherever he is. Corbyn, get your gun and I'll get my own just in case."

I nodded and ran to my room. It took a few seconds before I found my gun and ran back downstairs. "Let's go."

Madison got in the driver's seat and I rolled my eyes as I got on the passenger side. She always did like driving. "Where do you plan on looking?"

"My dad was after anyone associated with you until that fallout he had with Martin. Those two had a spot that no one knows about," Madison explained as she pulled onto the highway. "You may want to get comfortable. It's a long ride."

We drove for nearly an hour with some music playing quietly in the background. I glanced at her and she smiled slightly before focusing on the road again. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"Diamond Heights," Madison replied.

"Before we go any further, are you sure this isn't a wasted trip?" I sighed.

Madison nodded. "My dad doesn't mess around when it comes to hide a body. Where better than a family friendly place. No one would think to look there."

She wasn't wrong. I leaned back in my seat and went back to looking out the window. After another hour Madison pulled into a rest stop and looked at me? "Bathroom? Vending machine?" She asked and I nodded.

We got out of the car and went inside. It felt good to stretch even though it had only been two hours.

Maddie's POV

When I'd finished in the bathroom, I went to the vending machine to get something to eat. I took my change and went to the car. Corbyn wasn't back yet so I leaned against the car and ate my sandwich. He still hasn't come back and I was getting a little worried. I went to throw away the trash when I felt someone's had around my waist.  "Baby, I still love you."

"Corbs..." I sighed.

"I know this isn't a couple's trip or anything but I wanted you to know I never stopped loving you," Corbyn whispered.

I couldn't help but smile when he kissed my neck. "Why did you throw me out?" I muttered, trying to pull away.

Corbyn kept a strong grip on me and sighed. "Because Alexia told me that I was a danger to you. I knew if I pushed you away then it would be easier to let you go."

"Was it easier then?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Not at all," he muttered, looking me up and down. "It was the hardest thing I've ever done."

"So all those things you said?" I asked.

"I didn't mean them babe," Corbyn replied sympathetically. "I'm so sorry for how horrible I was to you."

I pulled out of his grip and sighed. I hated myself for not being able to get over it but it had hurt to be treated like that. "Corbyn, I just need a little more time okay?"